two.

"so... i see you two have met each other then." damien says innocently.

awkward tension fills the air.

"yeah... we meet each other briefly this morning." he says, eyes still on mine.
"really, where?" damien asks skeptically.

i quickly interject.

"getting coffee." i say trying to look relaxed to damien while my mind is screaming "what the FUCK! WHY jUst WHY?"
"really? i don't see you two with any coffee cups? and you guys are sitting so far apart." he smirks catching on to my lie.
"um-" i start.
"yeah we threw em out they tasted like hot liquid garbage." the mystery man saves me.
"right rose?" he addresses me.
he looks at me nodding me on.
"yeah like drinking poison." i continue on, my eyes not leaving his.

after a few seconds my eyes instantly go back to damien.
damien looks at both of us, slowly nodding his head.

"really?... what's his name then rose?"

fuck.

"um-"
i look over to him. we sort of skipped over introducing ourselves this morning.
he start to mouth what looks like "tom?" or "tommy?"
"uh t-tom." i say
tom looks down and starts shaking his head.

i knew at that moment, i had fucked up.

"hmm, you mean tim?" damien says.
i look over to tim and he just shrugs back.
"ugh yes of course tim! it was just so loud in the cafe you know?"
"yeah i'm sure." damien says still looking at us skeptically.
"sorry, tim." i say sincerely.
"oh it's fine. people call me whatever. tim, timothee, asshole whatever." he says shrugging it off.
the room erupts into small laughter. and even i laugh a little.
"okay then, darlene you're up next." damien announces the attention finally shifting off of us.
as darlene starts to sniffle about how her son won't call her back i look over to tim and mouth "thank you." he looks back and shrugs with a slight smile.

this, has got to be one for the books when it comes to morning afters i've had.