six.

my eyes flutter open slowly. i place my hand on to my stomach that is grumbling. i turn my head to the side my nose bangs into the game controller. i turn to the other side and see small bags of hot cheetos sprawled all over tims bed.
but, no tim.

i reach for my phone to check the time. "fuck." i sigh when it doesn't turn on. i get up in search for a charger. i start to pick up and simultaneously fold all of the clothes on his floor. i smile in nostalgia at how similar tims room looked to my own room in high school. i can't believe i used to be this messy.

i jump at the sound of a knock at the door and drop the shirt i was folding. i turn and see tim leaning on the door frame eating a bowl of cereal.
"are you cleaning my room?" he asks smiling into his bowl. i bend down to pick up the shirt i dropped. "yup. natural instinct i guess. also can i borrow your charger?" i ask politely.
tim slowly nods his head as he chews. he walks over to a drawer and pulls out a charger and plugs it in to the wall for me. he then picks up my phone and plugs it in. i mutter a soft "thanks." he nods in response, his hair flopping on top his eyes. i all of a sudden had an urge to run my hands through it.

there's a moment of silence and i allow myself to glance at what he's wearing. a big grey hoodie and his boxers.
he looks like a cute soft puppy. what? rosie shut up.

the silence remains. it's not awkward, but it's also not comfortable. i keep thinking of ways to start a conversation with him. i notice how he gazes at me, maybe questioning why i'm still here? does he want me to leave? i then notice how i haven't even thought to make an excuse to leave yet. this is so unlike me to actually enjoy a one night stands company. but, i don't know i just enjoy being around him. it's comforting in some ways. it's also nice to feel like someone else wants your company too. just then, tim interrupts my thoughts.
"why do i get the feeling that you were one of those neat freaks in high school?"
i lay down his clothes and lightly smile. "um, yeah i wouldn't say i was one of those kids. honestly wish i was."

"hmm... so what kind of person were you in highschool then?"
i freeze, unable to think of something clever to say. i know i can't answer this question honestly given that i've just met him. come to think of it, i haven't thought about highschool in years. it was a chapter in my life i kept safe in a locked box far away from me. a rush of familiar emotions run through my body and i shiver.
"you okay?" tim asks.
"yeah yeah... just blanked out for a bit. um what were we talking about?"

"highschool." he says simply.
"ahhh, y'know id like to see you guess who you think i was in highschool."
he looks at me brightly. "i accept this challenge."

he comes over to sit next to me on the bed.
i start picking up more of his clothes littered around his bed.
"no, you can't clean my room right now, i need to get a good look at you."
i laugh, "what?"
"just stay still, will you?"
i put my hands up in defeat.
tim has his finger on his chin as if he's in deep thought as he's softly chewing on his cereal.
"i got it!" he says loudly.
i laugh. "okay got for it then."

"you were-- a class clown. you give me the vibe of not being the best at math or science but for some reason english?" i look at him nodding him on. so far he's correct. "you had lots of friends-- but always seemed to feel alone..." my smile falls flat. "and you seem like you bottle up your emotions and probably only had one crush throughout all of  highschool on some guy you never even spoke to. daddy issues for sure." i try to interrupt him, confused on how he's getting everything correct. "uh uh not done yet. you probably played the piano since you were young, and had braces and glasses. and the most wild thing you did was smoke weed while your parents were home." he sighs as if to declare he's done. he looks very proud of himself. i shake my head at him.
"you talked to damien, didn't you?" he scrunches his nose and i have my answer. "maybe."