Chapter 8

Arnold looks all over for Madeleine and had no luck, since he been looking for her. He knows some things, Victoria hates Madeleine for taking her family business.

But he wish he knows her past, Madeleine is so quiet about it.

As he walked around he hears a voice.

"Arnold!" He stops and turns to see Brenda, she smile and runs up to him.

Arnold had a weak smile.

"Oh hello dear." He said, she frown.

"You been working a lot and we haven't spent time with each other." Arnold sighs.

"I know... and I'm sorry, I just been busy." Brenda pouted and cross her arms.

"You been around that girl haven't you." Arnold was confused.

"What girl?" Brenda growls.

"That ring master!" Arnold was nervous.

"N-no we-"

"I know you was out with her, I know it!"

"I wasn't!" Brenda smiles.

"Then let's go to the carnival!" She said and grab his hand, she takes him to the carnival.

They went to games and rides, it was fun. They keep going for a while, and then they went on the Ferris wheel.

But Arnold still worried about Madeleine, Brenda cuddling with him.

"I wasn't with the ring master, I was looking for Madeleine so she can go back to jail." He said.

"You know, since Madeleine escaped... I feel like she going to kill me and Victoria..."

Arnold looks at her.

"What do you mean?"

"...... *sighs* she took every business, she so awful as a kid."

"She stays quiet and be alone, she a freak and the Queen likes her!" "She always does everything wrong, I'm glad Victoria found a way to get rid of her!" She said and then realized what she said, she covered her mouth.

Arnold push her away a little, Brenda looks at him with a sad expression.

"A-Arnold-"

"What the heck did you mean!" Brenda shakes.

"W-well..."

"Brenda what do you mean she got a way to get rid of her?!"

Brenda stays quiet and shakes.

"W-we plan this so she could go to jail."

"I know she plan it from the beginning she told me, but I didn't know you was in it too!" Brenda growls.

"Why the heck she told you?!... a-are you going to arrest her?"

Arnold thinks and sighs.

"I can't without proof and also..."

"Blackmailed you... but dear I'm doing that anymore, I promise."

Arnold looks at her, he had a serious look.

"Stop lying, we're over." He said, their cart was at the bottom and he left.

Brenda went after him with tears, but it was too late. He was gone, she cries and growls.

She walked home and but than stops.

"What do you want?" She turn to see Victoria.

"I heard what happened." Brenda growls.

"Why did you tell him!" Victoria laughs a little.

"I was going to say the same thing."

"I saw him with the ring master a lot! I thought he was looking for Madeleine?"

Victoria roll her eyes.

"That was Madeleine you idiot!" Brenda think and then realize, she got mad.

"He working for her, we should-"

"We can't arrest him..."

"What why?!" Victoria smirk.

"I blackmailed him, so he should know and... I have eyes everywhere."

Brenda looks around and then looks at Victoria.

"How-"

"At night I been setting cameras up, so I'm one step ahead of them."

"...... what is your plan then?" Victoria laughs a little walks up to her.

"That's a secret, but let's just say. The queen better watch her back" after that she turns and walks away.

"W-where are you going?"

"Oh you know the church, I need to confess my sins." She said and left.

"Um... you don't go to church." Brenda said and sigh, she head on home.

(Time skip)

Madeleine was at the church, she was in a nun outfit. She sighs and was sitting on the bench.

She was lying low so she designed as a nun, the other nuns finished praying and left one by one.

After a while, it was just her. She was thinking ideas on how to take down Victoria, as she was thinking someone walk in.

They set down behind her.

"Lovely night isn't it."

Madeleine says nothing and nods.

"I wish to confess." She said.

"The priest isn't here..." the person smirks.

"You shall do it." She said, Madeleine didn't say anything and go into the confession booth, so did the person.

They set down.

"...... what is it Victoria?" Madeleine asked.

"It's good to see you Madeleine, how not being in jail?"

"Oh you know, trying to get rid of you."

"Oh you actually plan that out?" She said in a joking way.

"Well I did, but I don't want to be in more trouble already..."

"*giggles* of course."

Madeleine stays quiet.

"I know you blackmailed Arnold."

Victoria giggles more.

"You found out."

"Of course I know you lying little-" Victoria cut her off.

"Ah ah ah Madeleine, we are in a church."

"Ya I know, a person like you don't belong here."

"*giggles* nether should you."

Victoria stands up.

"Listen, if you don't bother me, I won't bother you."

She almost open the door.

"But one more thing, the queen having her celebration in a few days. It will be fun, but she should watch herself." She said and left, Madeleine stays quiet with some tears. She put her hand into a fist, but then calm down.

She stands up and leaves the booth, she sees Victoria leaving. She then have a crazy smile and whispered a few words, after that she left.