Chapter 6: History Lessons

You woke up with the sun the next morning, and for one terrifying moment, wondered if it hadn’t all just been a dream. It was certainly surreal enough. But as you came to your senses, you realised you were in the one place you wanted to be more than anywhere else in the world: wrapped protectively in Jasper’s arms with your head resting on her chest. She was still sound asleep, and you could feel her chest rising and falling with each breath she took. You shut your eyes against the bright morning light and snuggled closer to her. You made two realisations as you did so: firstly, you could hear her heartbeat, and secondly, she had a heartbeat.

You lay still in her embrace, soothed by her warmth and the beating of her heart until you heard her draw in a big breath as she woke up. She didn’t open her eyes, seemingly afraid to. You smiled.

“It’s real,” you whispered. She opened her eyes slowly and looked around in awe.

“I still can't believe it.”

“You’d better believe it. I told you we’d never stop trying to find a way to cure you. I can’t believe I have someone so incredible in my life. Someone so courageous.” You placed your hand on her arm. “So beautiful.” You placed your other hand on her cheek. “So loving.” You slid your arms around her as you kissed her. It had been too long since the last time you'd felt the touch of her soft, full lips. Jasper clearly thought the same as she kissed you back. You could even feel the shiver run down her spine as the realisation that you were really there with her sank in. “So perfect,” you whispered when you finally pulled away.

“What about the day we met?” she suggested quietly.

“Beg pardon?”

“For our wedding day. That way, it's still a while off. I've been thinking about what Zyken 40 said. I want to have more adventures with you while we can before we settle down. You know, just in case something goes wrong.”

You smiled.

“Yeah. I like that idea. I like that idea a lot. But uh, maybe no crazy adventure today, don't you think?”

“Isn't the entire concept of the two of us kind of a crazy adventure?”

“Well, you've got me there. So, what do you want to do today?”

“Well,” she said, groaning as she sat up, “I suppose I ought to go apologise to the Crystal Gems… again.”

“Sure, although I'm sure it wasn't a big deal for them. You were confused and panicking, and you didn't even really try to hurt anyone. Yeah, we can head over there right after breakfast. Oh… but, uh, I guess no one's had the chance to tell you this yet… Lapis isn't here anymore. As in not on Earth. It had nothing to do with you, I swear. Steven mentioning he was on trial in front of the Diamonds must've triggered a flashback or something for her.”

“That's too bad…” Jasper murmured. “I think I actually miss her.”

“So do I. Every day. At least you're here now, Jasper.” She hugged you lightly.

“Yeah. And I always will be. I ran away from here a long time ago when I thought I had nothing left, and then I had to go away again because of what I did in my quest for vengeance. I’m not going to forgive myself for leaving you alone for so long… but I’m never doing it again. No matter where you go, no matter what happens, I’ll be at your side. We’re partners in battle and in life. You’re my whole world, and it feels like I’m always home wherever I am as long as I’m with you. I know I’m rambling, but my point is, I don’t care what happens. No matter what, it’s together to the end.”

“Wow…” you whispered. “Jasper… I…” You shook your head and smiled. “Who says there’s going to be an end?” Something clicked in your mind. You stared off to the side. “An… of course…” you muttered to yourself. You turned back to Jasper. “But yeah. Together, no matter what.” You wrapped your arms around her, holding her for a long time until you finally got up. It occurred to you that you couldn’t envision what heaven could possibly compete with the feeling of Jasper’s loving embrace.

Crystal Clear Part 2: Familiar Faces (Jasper x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें