Chapter 1

It was 10 at night. She sat there swamped with work. Her mind was begging for sleep but her heart was in a state of 'Now or Never'. She poured third cup of coffee for herself. Third one in sixty minutes. That is the only thing that keeps her awake and fresh when she needs to fully concentrate and right now she was working on a very important case. A 13 year old girl was raped by a group of men and she needed those men to be caught so they will suffer the way that little girl did. This is the worst day of my life, she thought, but little did she knew the worst was yet to come. 

"Detective Hastings! There is a call for you" Furey said handing her the local PD landline. 

"Me?" she asked in confusion. Why would someone call her on landline instead of her own cell? she thought. 

"Hello?" she said on the line. There was dead silence on the other line. "Hello? Is anybody there?" she furiously asked as she thought someone was messing with her and wasting her precious time, rolled her eyes in annoyance. 

"Miss me honey?" a man whispered on the other line, chuckling. 

"Wh-who is this? He-hello?" she hesitated, listening to the familiar devious tone and the line went silent for a moment again.

"How's my little kitten?" he chuckled again, ignoring her question as she could feel that he shifted in his seat.

"H-How dare you mess with me? You bastard!" she shouted as all the force gathered in her surrounding trying to find out what the hell just happened.

"Oh! I missed your fast and furious attitude baby girl" he smirked. "You've always been my favorite, kitten!"

She was furious as hell listening to him calling her names like that. She turned bloody shade of red in anger and pointed to Barry silently ordering him to track down the bastard through trackers but one thing she always forgets was that he was far more cleverer than she could ever be.

"I know what you're doing right now" he chuckled. "But I'm untraceable, kitten!" he whispered.

"Fuck you Cavanaugh!" she shouted again, on top of her lungs. No one in the whole force ever saw her this much furious. They all started breaking his untraceable coding program as soon as she spat his name. The name that could turn the world upside down. The name of terror and menace.

"Oh that's one hell of a wish kitten" he laughed again whereas her blood was boiling in her veins. Heart pounding like a drum. His voice was seductive, trying to tell her but moreover reminding her, of something she wanted to forget. "But if you're up for a round two...-" 

"Shut up! Just shut the fuck up!" she interrupted him before he could say another word, enraged as hell, trying to hold back some pretty messed up and painful memories. "I promise! I'll find you and I'll tore you into pieces Cavanaugh..Just wait and watch"

"I'm done waiting baby!..It's now time for a hunt..." he laughed. "It's now time for me to make you mine and I promise!..No one will ever know who took you and where kitten!" he whispered the last part and chuckled for one last time as she slammed the 'Decline' button furiously throwing the phone on the table. His words echoed in her ears like a beating drum, smashing the silence. Despite of her being a detective she was afraid..She knew he does what he says and she was sure as hell that he will turn the world upside down to keep his word. The phone call was definitely a cherry on top of a perfectly bad day.

"Any details Officer Barry?" she asked running her hands through her hair. Her eyes looked like they will pop out anytime with anger.

"That bastard is untraceable. I can't get any fucking leads" he said furiously smacking his hand on the table.