Chapter 4

"Oh My God! Ms. Hastings that's one hell of a story" she smirked tauntingly. "Do you know how much you could've helped the Police? You had so much information about him!"

"I'm sorry Lieutenant I-I was emotionally unstable" she replied, looking down.

"Being emotional isn't your job designation Ms. Hastings" she shouted. "You had no right to betray us like that! You've kept information about an international killer and criminal from this force, when you yourself were a part of it! District Attorney and General Powers aren't going to be happy about this" she spat and her eyes widened.

Tanner got up from her seat and started pacing, trying to act thoughtful while Spencer, who knew her plans was anxious and disturbed to find out what dangerous game she was playing in her mind.

"I think I can save you Ms. Hastings!" she said, trying to act casual and determined.

Here comes the bribe, she thought to herself.

"I'm giving you one last chance. I will prohibit every single man on this force to open his mouth about everything that happened in the last few days...but you..-" she paused for a quick second, trying to sound natural. "..have to help us catch his accomplices and for that we have to hand you over to him!"

"What?!" she nodded in disbelief. She was trying not to lose hope after what Caleb said but all of his prediction turned out to be right.

"Yes Ms. Hastings!" She said sitting down on the chair beside her. "He gave us a plan and he'll help us in catching every criminal who is on the run"

"You're using me as a bait? What am I? A piece of cheese?" she shouted.

"You have no way out Ms. Hastings!" she shouted back. "Betraying the authorities while being a part of it can result in Death Penalty..I'm just saving you from that"

"Yeah!" she chuckled tauntingly. "Your generous Highness is saving me from a death penalty by throwing me in front of a hungry, wild beast!? Perfect!" she spat.

"It wouldn't be the first time that he's going to have his hands on you Ms. Hastings" she smirked as Spencer shot a glare towards her with deep guilt and internally shaken feeling that was eating her from inside.

"Do what I say! Or I'll be there to pull down the lever that will end your miserable life" she spat looking at her face that was terror struck.

--

Slamming the door shut behind her. She barged inside her bedroom, leaving a very confused Minin behind, who was in a mood for cuddling. She banged the door again and sat on her bed, crying harder than she ever did, her hands on her mouth and eyes were closed but still tears found a way to come out. She cried for some ten minutes but then suddenly the door opened and she saw Minin crawling towards her. She eyed him and saw a piece of paper in his mouth. Minin made his way towards her lap and made himself comfortable. She grabbed the note and opened it.

We're going to be together again and you're crying?

Ask yourself! You wanted that too kitten..you just don't know yet!

She rolled the paper, threw it on the floor and continued crying again. Her hands were still on her head as she mourned her ill fate.

"Here!" he said from behind, handing her a glass of water, his one hand was on her shoulder. She was stunned for a moment. Her eyes were wide-opened and her mind was blank and terrified. She was afraid to look behind, not because she had to see him but because she had to face her own mistake..The mistake she made ten years ago.

"Spencer! Spencer breathe..Please! Don't leave me" he screamed holding her while blood streamed from his own face too but all his pain faded when he saw her writhing.

"Au-Auden!" she stuttered. "B-b-baby!" tears flooded from her eyes.

"You're going to be okay! Listen to me!" she caressed her face constantly. "Don't close your eyes! Don't you dare do that Spencer" he shouted trying to keep her awake.

"I-I love you" she cried facing him and putting a hand on her belly. Her hands were covered with blood.

"We're gonna get through this! Together Spencer!" he said as he heard sirens from a distance. "You guys are going to be okay" he said kissing her hands as she started drifting off. "Look at me! You're okay" he said looking at her half-closed eyes.

"Sh-she's gone!" she said before passing out in his arms.

"Won't you even look at me?" he sat beside her as she flinched. "Won't you even talk to me?"

"Th-there's nothing to talk about!" she said still not looking at him, wiping her tears.

"Please talk to me! tell me how you felt? All these years?.." he asked with hope in his eyes and guilt in his tone.

"I don't feel anything anymore" she said coldly.

"Then why were you crying?" he touched her hand as she flinched away again.

"Don't touch me!" she shouted.

"Are you sure about that?" a tear escaped from his eyes. "Talk to me please! I-I'm here...after waiting a decade I'm by your side Spencer..."

"I don't wan't to do that" she replied.

"Why because you hate me that much?" he looked down at his hands.

"No! because I loved you that much but.. then I realized..I don't even know who you are" she said finally looking at him as there eyes met and everything turned around. Every memory came back rolling to their minds. They both went back in time. Through the memory lane both of them cherished the bitter sweet moments in their mind they spent together.

"Woah kitten! Are you a philosopher or something?"