Blood Moon- Chapter 1

Blood Moon

Angeleyes stared at his prey, mouth salivating for the action he had been held from for too long. The woman was walking to her car from work, the light above her barely dim enough to see two feet in front of her. He flitted down to her, landing softly right behind her. In the pale yellow light he could see her neck clearly, alabaster pale in contrast with the smooth, gliding darkness around her. She moved her hair to the side, focusing on getting her key to fit into the lock. That's when he could take it no longer and feasted on her thick neck.

But Angeleyes didn't see the woman in the black cloak watching him stock her bait. This was all she needed, proof that Angeleyes had violated his parole. She licked her lips in anticipating glee as she texted her overseeing officer the video of Angeleyes biting into the human's neck. Still, she let him enjoy his meal, knowing that it just might be his last...

Chapter 1

She had been on the force ten years and without fail, she had always been assigned to the laborious task of checking the prisoners. Each prisoner had to be checked for concealed items that were contraband. Yet each time, she faithfully put on her grimmest face and did her duty to the full extent.

"Darrel, I know you have something, you always do," she sighed looking at the prisoner wearily.

"Haha, Miss Raines you know me so well," he replied then opened his hands to reveal to vials of blood.

It was just like a bloodsucking leech to hide blood in their cell. The entire thought of vampires disgusted her. Were they all like this? Bloody, massacring nitwits with only half of a brain? She couldn't believe that they were all a waste of a body.

After she periodically checked each prisoner and his or her cell, she went to visit one of her favorite prisoners, Ellyn. Ellyn was an elf who had been sent to prison because he had been involved in an underground operation to overthrow the elfin government.

"Hey, Ellyn," she said, knocking on his bars with her night stick.

"Hey, Sweetleaf," he replied sadly.

"Firstly, you know I like to be called Leaf and second, what's wrong?"

"Ah, Sweetleaf, I'll probably be here for the rest of my life, but you, you have freedom, but what do you do with it? Spend your evenings here, drinking coffee, talking politics with me. Forever spending your time at work, forever trying to get better pay. Did you ever stop to think that there is more to life than chisa?"

"And chisa is?"

"Money."

"Ellyn, I understand that you are becoming depressed but that's no reason to take it out on me. I thought I was your friend, apparently not, goodnight Ellyn Sanchez." she huffed, turning on her heel.

She could hear him calling her back, promising her things she knew he could not give her. Deep down she knew he was right, but she couldn't bare another blind date or another fruitless night of surfing EHarmony. Standing by her car she felt eyes on her back and immediately she spun around ready to fight her attacker. Then, breathing a sigh of relief, she recognized the man as her boss, Isaac.

"Isaac, what are you doing here?" she huffed angrily.

"I'm making sure you get in your car safely, last night one of my employees went missing from this very parking lot." he growled.

"Didn't that person have the common sense to park near the door or near some light?" she muttered.

"She did park near some light, Miss Raines," Isaac barked his temper rising.

She knew that if he exploded he would bite and tear at her in his wolf form; it was never a good idea to make a werewolf angry.

"I'm sorry for being so rude it's just that I had a bad night, Mr. Builtwater, and you startled me." she apologized. "Who was it?"

"It was a newbie, a human. Her name was Alexis Poirier." he said, blowing out smoke.

"I don't recognize her at all, but I hope that she's at least properly buried. I know it was one of the filthy bloodsucking leeches." she spat.

"Yes, I, too, believe it was a vampire and when I find him, I will rip him apart."