Blood Moon Chapter 13

Chapter 13-

            The walk was exhausting and when they finally did reach Leaf's old home, they were both ready to collapse. Luckily, her parents were sleeping and one of her sister let them in and guided them to the guest room where Leaf collapsed on the bed and Angeleyes collapsed on the floor.

            The next morning though, when Leaf awoke, Angeleyes was fully dressed and staring angrily into her father's eyes, muscles tense, face twisted into an infuriated scowl. She jumped up, placing herself between them hurriedly.

            "What's going on?" she hissed.

            "Who is this bloodsucking leech?! I want him out of my house!" her father roared.

            "Pa, he's here to protect the family with me, so I don't want any friction between you and him and he's not going anywhere, understand?"

            "Yeah, whatever, but don't get in my way, boy," he snapped, storming out of the room.

            "Thanks," Angeleyes said, awkwardly rubbing his neck in embarrassment.

            "Don't mention it," she replied then went into the bathroom to shower and fix herself up.

            For the first time in years, Leaf put make up on. She wasn't sure why she did, or why she chose to wear the tighter jeans and the lower cut shirt, but she did. She even wore her hair down, brushing it until the silky shine it gave made the dark green of her hair look almost black.

            "Wow," Angeleyes muttered when she came out.

            "Oh, shut up," she said blushing.

            He smiled gently then went up to her, holding her by the waist and gazing into her eyes with that same look of lust and seduction. As they stood, the door burst open and that's how Krystalle and her ex, Sunwing, found her. Sunwing turned bright red, his temper boiling. Leaf knew he was a hot head and immediately began pushing them both out, secretly wishing that Angeleyes would have kissed her. As she went back towards Angeleyes, she glanced in the mirror at her reflection then had to look again. She had to admit that she looked, well, sexy with her cleavage showing but leaving mystery in her aura and her jeans showing off her curves. She smiled then turned to Angeleyes who was staring at her with that same look. Smiling even wider, he grabbed her then tipped her over like in the movies and kissed her. Just when they began to deepen the kiss, the door burst open again and Sunwing dove onto Angeleyes, punching at his face.

            "Leech," he growled at Angeleyes as Leaf tried to pull him off.

            Angeleyes punched Sunwing in the face, making his nose bleed and flinging both Sunwing and Leaf across the room. He apologized to Leaf and helped her up as Sunwing ran to check on his nose. Wordlessly, Leaf led Angeleyes to the den where her family stood waiting for the introduction as was their custom.

            "Ma, Pa, Krysie, Snowgaze, Fireblaze, and Lizzy, this is Angeleyes, my fiancé and we came for a visit and your blessing."

            At this point Sunwing had entered the room, and his anger was almost visibly soaking the air in fiery poison. If looks could kill, I think Angeleyes would have spontaneously combusted or suffered slowly from some kind of immense pain. Sunwing's hot red hair was cut choppy, and stuck up on his head and his eyes, the darkest of browns reminded Leaf of that summer night that had spent together near the lake's edge talking the night away. But when she looked at Angeleyes she forgot about that lake and that romantic evening.

            If Angeleyes was shocked by the introduction, he didn't show it. He stared lovingly at Leaf as if he couldn't take his eyes off of her. "I love her," he said into the astonished silence. Leaf was glad he played along seamlessly so her family wouldn't be suspicious of why they were there. She knew that they couldn't handle the danger.

            As she looked at each of her family members she knew this would be an interesting stay and she feared it. Her mother was smiling widely, her father was pale, Krystalle was staring wide-eyed at Sunwing who was growling at Angeleyes, Fireblaze was grinning flirtatiously at Angeleyes, and Lizzy was shyly giving her an encouraging look of pride.

            Leaf sighed inwardly, entwined her fingers in Angeleyes's and walked outside with her "fiancé".