1.4

The next day I woke up, to an empty bed, and people talking down stairs.

I grab my clothes and put them on. Walking down the stairs, I can make out some of the talking.

"Dustin." Lexi stopped him, "I think you should go." So Dustin showed up.

"Lexi. Listen to what I said." He says.

"Dustin. She told you to go." I said, walking into the room.

"He's here?!" Dustin yelled, pointing at me.

"Yes." She said. I could tell she was trying to remain calm.

"Why can't you see what he's doing!?" He screamed. I know that Dustin didn't mean to scream at her.

"Dustin, she asked you to go. Don't make me ask, it won't be as nice." I said.

"I'll go when I think she's heard what I said!" He screamed.

"Leave. Now." I say, stepping in front of Lexi.

"No."

I don't even think. I punch Dustin in the face.

"Nick! Stop!" Lexi screams, grabbing at me.

I try to hold Dustin down, but he just knees me in my side. We were fighting horribly. And I know that I would've won.

Lexi pulled me off of Dustin. But Dustin went to attack me again. He hit Lexi instead. She hit the ground immediately. Dustin had put so much power into that hit.

I wanted to kill him. Right then and there. He'd hurt her more than anyone.

"Shit!" Dustin yelled, and rushed to her.

I was already holding her face. She leaned into me.

"Lex, I'm so sorry." Dustin said.

"Get out." I said.

"Lexi. Please."

"I said get out." I glared at him.

Dustin left, without saying anything more. I'm glad he didn't try to start something else.

I took Lexi to the bathroom, and cleaned her up. For the second time. This was the second fight She'd gotten into. But this one was my fault.

I know I was beyond mad at Dustin. If he ever went near her again, so help me god.

He had been her best friend for years. And I loved her no matter what. But she'd never see him again.