Chapter 1: Problems with the Family

Thank you for reading The Mafia King and You must read the Author's Note!!!

Chapter 1: Problems with Family

I woke up startled, as I hear a banging sound downstairs. I move the blanket away from myself and get up from bed. I look to my clock, 3:15 A.M.

I wonder who is making that sound.

I get up and made my way down the stairs. I turn on the lights in the living room, I automatically see my mother drinking vodka from the bottle. I snatch the bottle away, and throw it in the trash. I turned around and see my mother stumble as she walks to me. She looks angry.

She always does. I don't know why my mother acts this way. She started drinking and doing drugs when she found out my daddy has colon cancer. She should put her act up together. My dad needs her support to, but how can you, when she doesn't even know was going on most of the time.

"Hey-Bitch, what the hell are you doing? You don't own shit around here!" She slaps me on the face. She caught me so off guard that I end up on the floor. I feel a liquid coming down my nose, I touch it and see on my finger... blood.

I sniffed and you use my whole hand wipe under my nose. "Actually, I do own things around here. I pay the bills and what do you know? All you do every day is smoke weed and drink." I tell her, with all the confidence I have. I don't curse to mother; I know you guess are thinking 'Why?' At the end of the day, she is still my mother. All though she doesn't act like it or show it, I have her blood running through my veins.

"Listen her whore, I'm the boss here, and if you have a problem then get the fuck out of here." She comes up to my face and yells at me.

"Let's think about this. Who is going to take care of dad? I know dang right that a drug and alcoholic addict, isn't going to take care of my dad, if you don't even know how to take care of yourself. I am so tired of you abusing me, physically and emotionally. I have to go and work my butt of, to maintain this house, all the bills and at least 3 meals a day. You don't know what you have until you lose it." I walked around her and headed upstairs to my dad's room.

Ever since mother started to drink and smoke, my parents no longer shared a room together. Here, I put you in my Father's shoe; colon cancer- is cancer that starts in the large intestine or the rectum. My father needs surgery, he's in stage 3. I have faith but the thing I don't have is money. When I heard the news, I was in the last month of my seven years in college to become a Doctor. All the work that I did, I had to go to school, collect them, return to my dad's home and do the work while I accompanied my dad. I'm now a doctor but it's difficult because of my dad's condition. Just like Drake says, "Started from the bottom, now were here." I'm not there yet; I have to work my way up. The harder I work equals more money.

I opened the door to my father's room. I went inside to see him in a deep sleep. Sometimes my dad wakes up from the noises that my mother makes. I turn around and go to my room and get my phone from the charger and put the volume on low. I have to go to work tomorrow, and I don't want the alarm to wake him up. I again, make my way to my dad's room. I opened the door slowly and quietly. I go around the other side of the bed and pull the covers down gently and get in bed with him. I put my phone under the pillow, and turn around to face my dad making sure not to wake him up. I move closer to him and put my arms around my dad's waist and get comfy.

I was just staring in space thinking about my life. I'm twenty-five and single. I don't see that as a problem. I had fair shares in the past but never worked out. I start to think about my big brother, Chris. He's in the army and he's 30. I told him about daddy's condition and he started crying. Chris is a softy under all that toughness, especially when it deals with family.

Chris was deported to Iraq two years ago and he says,"Don't worry, I'm coming home soon." He never tells me, is always that excuse. Chris was kind of upset with mom, he too doesn't understand why she's acting the way she is. He's busier than I am. When he has time, me and my dad, we video chat with him. I ask him, If he wants' to talk to our mother but, he refuses.

I have secrets in the past that nobody knows except God. I can't give more problems to the people I care and love; it will destroy them more than it did to me. I promise myself that I would never burden somebody with my problems. I WILL keep that promise; I never break any of my promises.

With that I closed my eyes....

-Dream-

I was running from somebody following me. I was panting hard, my throat was sore and it felt like I can't breathe. I still kept running to wherever my foot leads me too. I turn around and see nobody around. I felt a warm body behind me. I felt the person breath by my neck. I then felt a hand going up and down my arm, and grasp it tight and turn me around. I look at the person's face but they had a mask. With his left hand, his knuckles brushed my cheek, "Oh honey, you can't run away from me. I will always find you." The mystery guy tells me. In a blink of an eye, he holds a gun to my thighs and pulls the trigger. The last vision I had before I blacked out was, him running away while I hear from afar a ambulance coming for my survival.

I woke up by the alarm ringing. I hurried and shut it off. While I just sat in bed thinking about the dream-well rather nightmare. It felt like it was a memory, like it was actually happening. I never had a dream about this. I rub my arms because it starts to get cold, I already have Goosebumps. I don't know if it's from the dream or from coldness in the air.

I look behind to me to see my father still sleeping. He started to move a little. I quickly got my phone and ran quietly out of the room. I checked my phone for the time, 6:02 AM. I took a 15 minute shower. I use the toilet and brush my teeth and hair. For my hairstyle, I did a fishtail to the side. I decided to wear a light blue button down shirt, tight gray pencil skirt and nude flats. Of course I had to put my white coat on.

I went downstairs to make breakfast for me and my dad. I made eggs and bacon. For my dad I also added a fruit salad and a glass of water. I put all his food on a tray and made my way upstairs to his room. When I opened his door I found him awake and in the bathroom brushing his teeth. When he seen me, he smiled while you see the foam of the toothpaste coming out of his mouth.

I laughed, put the tray down and helped him. When he was clean, I kissed his cheek, "Good Morning Daddy, I made breakfast for you." I smiled at him. I always do breakfast for him and bring it up.

He kissed my cheek, "Thank you darling, but today I want to eat at the dining table today."

I nodded, "Do you want me to help you go down the stairs?" I asked.

He shook his head no, "It's alright sweetie, and I'll meet you down the stairs." I gave him an unsure expression.

He gave me a reassuring smile, "Go before the food gets cold." I gave into him, got the tray and made my way to the dining table.

When I got to the dining table, I turned around and see him coming my way. I know that my dad can walk perfectly fine, it's just since ever since he got cancer, I started to get paranoid. I don't want him to get more hurt than he already is.

I gave him a quick kiss when I see that is 6:45 A.M, and made sure that he is fine and eating before I leave the house.

A new day, another day at work...

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

READ A/N;

7+ votes then I do chapter 2.

Thanks for reading.