CHAPTER 2: Coincidences

Soft.

🌷🌷🌷

Blue and violet hues are painted on the cloudy sky as it washed the warm feeling in the surrounding. There goes the strong winds pulling the leaves out from the branches and the thunder zaps that's trying to creep in the zones of the sky.

"Mr.Baek, you don't really have to return me home by yourself. You could have just send me with a taxi instead.." Seoeon mumbled as he tugged on Baekhyun's left hand. Baekhyun just smiled warmly, his right hand was holding a yellow umbrella as the skies started to pour rain. The kid thought that he's being a bother to the older man.

"Yah. You're so small, and besides, how could I send you all alone in this kind of weather without me worrying." Baekhyun spoke as he looked above the darkening horizon, keeping the kid on his side securely.

"You're worried about me?" The kid asked. His eyes shining as he felt emotional knowing that someone is genuinely worried about him.

"Of course I am. I need to make sure you're safe heading home!" Baekhyun responded.

He remember the times when Chanyeol never misses to send him home, rain or shine. And now he was returning the favor to his son.

He smiled thinly, making sure that his heart is guarded with all the high walls before stepping unto the mansion. Part of him really don't want to do this, but he reminded that it's for the kid beside him, and not about Chanyeol.

He remembers the mansion. How it looked like, last five years ago. It was always been beautiful. The different carnation flowers beautifully gardened in several plots on every corner of the yard. The usual freshly cut grass that gently sat on the ground. The mansion, as always, wonderful and mesmerizing.

"Who are you? And why are you with one of Mr.Park's son?" A man in black suit and dark shades suspiciously asked. He was standing on the guard house beside the gate.

"Oh, he coincidentally ran into my shop yesterday. I'm sorry, I get to take care of him last night because he doesn't want to go home yet. And you don't have to know who I am. I just really want to make sure the kid go home safely." Baekhyun smiled politely to the guard.

"That's true!" Seoeon exclaimed as he pushed through the legs of the guard.

He looked back at Baekhyun who was behind him.

"Mr.Baek! Come on in!" Seoeon waved, a grin plastered on his face.

"I don't think I could-" Baekhyun was cut off by his words.

"Yah! You still haven't seen Seojun! I want you to meet my twin brother! Please," Seoeon pleaded with that cute begging eyes and pouty lips.

"Master Seoeon, it's prohibited to welcome strangers in the mansion. You know that your father would kill us." The guard spoken with pleading voice.

Seoeon glared at him.

"I will tell dad to fire you anyway if you don't make him enter the mansion, do either this or that!" Seoeon threatened. The guard was terrified, Baekhyun was also startled from the sudden raise of voice from the kid.