CHAPTER 7: The Start

🌷🌷🌷

If Sehun saw that Baekhyun was packing home-cooked food that morning, the other felt thankful that he didn't asked.

As the taller man strode down the stairs and poured himself a cup of brewed coffee, Baekhyun was expecting Sehun to speak up about why he woke up so early, let alone all the food that he has prepared that morning.

Baekhyun sighed in relief and resumed putting the containers on a bag.

After a while, two arms sneaked from behind, around his waist and then a chin touched the left side of his ear.

"I'm gonna send you with a couple of bodyguards. Don't ask, don't complain, just comply." Sehun spoke, his voice husky, a bit sleepy.

"I'm just visiting a kid at a hospital. Are you serious?" Baekhyun asked a bit abnoxiously. Right, who wouldn't mind?

He felt Sehun sigh.

"Baekhyun, this kid you're talking about is Chanyeol's kid, one of the wealthiest people in Korea. One who owns huge companies, big clubs and casinos let alone the rumors zipping zapping around. This kid isn't just a kid. He is Park Chanyeol's heir." Sehun emphasized, his eyes searching for Baekhyun's reaction of realization but then he found nothing but a sharp naive one.

"Your niece is out there struggling to live, please take note of that." Baekhyun spoke before silently setting the table for two.

"Let's have a normal breakfast, everything's getting messy lately, let's try to keep calm, let's not make things worse." Baekhyun spoke as he set the dishes on the table. Sehun complied silently.

"Kyungsoo is coming over, I asked him to help me hire atleast four or five staffs at the shop to keep the business going even without me." Baekhyun informed, but in reality, once Kyungsoo heard about Baekhyun's plan, he insisted that he will be the one to hire professional, unmalicious personels instead of the other because Kyungsoo believe that Baekhyun is easy to trick or catch, knowing that he will work on his sympathy and emotions. Well, as for the idea, Baekhyun might as well give the honor to Kyungsoo knowing that his friend is always right. Kidding aside.

There were some unspoken words that could have filled the gaps in their silence, but sometimes, that quietness was necessary. They ate in silence and soon after, the fog outside the building finally dissipated and the blue skies and the peeking sun came into vision.

"Take care of yourself please?" Sehun remarked as he swiped his thumb on Baekhyun's lips looking him in the eyes.

"I will, and please, no bodyguards." Baekhyun smiled curtly and gave a chase kiss on Sehun's lips before excusing himself to change clothes and head at the hospital already.

🌷🌷🌷

"Maybe later this afternoon. Yes Kyungsoo, the spare key is under the blue pot daisies." Baekhyun spoke over the phone with his left hand holding it while the other is on the driving wheel.

"Found out that Seoeon has been transferred to the Zhang's mansion slash the Park's personal doctor.." Baekhyun informed, breathing deeply to calm his nerve as he watched the traffic slowly moving.

There must've been something that Kyungsoo said that made Baekhyun's facial expression become unreadable.

"Because I care Kyungsoo. I care. For the kid. For the twins. Remember what Dara told me, right?" Baekhyun's expression turned a little something that resembles as if he's annoyed. And he doesn't do that usually.