Author Q&A :)

Alright I'm legit crying in the club right now y'all. 

I just finished this book. 

Like 30 seconds ago. That I started two years ago. When I made my first Wattpad account and book, and I sucked. And somehow we got here!

Okay, so before I launch into the Q&A, I'd like to share some things with you from the epilogue. Rocky is loosely based off of my doggo Waylon (rest in peace, I love you, old buddy), and my pupper Calli.  This is kinda what I imagine he looks like:

And I didn't post this on the Epilogue, but I when I was writing it I imagined that its set to the song "Dear Younger Me":

And on that note, I'd love to say for about the thousandth time that I am grateful for every read, and vote, and comment that you all have so graciously given me. And for those of you who have stuck with me since the beginning of the book, I don't care when you started it, yesterday or back in 2016 when I first made it, bless you. You've been such an inspiration for me to keep writing and given me more hope and confidence than I could ever have asked for as a shy, nerdy teenager. Coincidentally, I'm still a shy,nerdy teenager, just more sarcastic and less self deprecating. 

Now, onto the Q&A!

~From aryastark64~

"Is the reader going to marry Peeta or Gale?"

I had decided pretty early on that the reader would marry Gale, but I didn't quite know how to get there. In the beginning, this was originally going to be a Peeta x Reader x Gale book, but then I decided that friendship and different plot details would also have a larger part in it, so it became a Hunger Games x Reader. I decided in the ninth hour that the Epilogue would show the reader and Gale getting engaged, but I never knew if I was going to do an Epilogue and leave it open ended. Luckily, I didn't! But I apologize to those Peeta lovers out there. 

~From my wonderful TMR fandom buddy, sangstergangster250~

1). "How do you get inspired to write and defeat writer's block?"

Umm, that's a really good question. Ordinarily, I'd say that it's something I try to power through by forcing myself into it, usually because I've gotten lazy. Normally, once I get into it it becomes easier. I figure that you can always go back and edit your work but you'll never have the chance to write down what you're feeling right now. I find something that reminds me of the characters and setting, like the music, to reinvigorate my imagination to act to roles and conversations as the character to come up with dialogue. But my writing coach once told me and my classmates that there's no such thing as writer's block, because a writer never runs out of things to say. You just need to find a way to describe what you want to say.