Chapter 1

My name is Jack Frost, and I'm a guardian. To any of you who don't know who I am or what I protect; I'm the one who makes winter. I'm the one who makes the blizzards and the snow days and the fun. And I protect those fun times in children. Fun is my center, like my good friend North, or as you might know him, Santa, told me.

It's been almost 10 years since I first became a guardian. Which is practically nothing to me, knowing I'm hundreds of years old. Although, I don't look it at all. If I would have to guess what age I looked like, I'd say about 18 or so? But that's beside the point.

Tomorrow is actually the anniversary of the day I became a guardian. So the other four are busy planning me a party. There's 5 guardians; Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Sandman, and myself. Then there was the elves and the baby fairies, the eggs, and the yetis, so it should be a pretty packed party.

I look back on the past 10 years. How I became a guardian, all that I learned, and who I've become. I think back on Pitch, who had taken over the children's dreams and caused them all to stop believing. But he's gone now. We had defeated him, sending him into the hole in the ground that leads to God knows where.

I guess I really have to thank the boy who helped me out with it all, Jamie. He was the only one who believed when Pitch had spread his nightmares to all the other kids. He... he was the first to see me... to believe in me. That's why I needed to invite him to this party.

Today, everyone had gathered in the North Pole, where the party was going to be held. At the moment, they were catching up on what had happened since the last time they'd talk. Although, since I became a guardian, it seems as though they talk more than before.

Since everyone is preoccupied at the moment, it's a good time to sneak out. I opened the window I was sitting by and silently snuck out. But, before I could close the window, Tooth flittered over and pushed it back open.

"Jack? Where are you going?" She asked, curiously. I floated in the air, shrugging. Her feathers quivered in the icy wind. She held onto her arms, rubbing them to warm herself.

"Just somewhere." I muttered. She frowned deeply. Tooth and I had had some... relationship changes in the past 10 years. I remember the first time she tried to kiss me.

---

It was summertime and I had literally nothing to do. I get quite depressed during that season, actually. I sat in a tree up where I wouldn't be bothered. In summer, I usually spend the day time in the North Pole, where I could handle the temperature, but during the night, I went back to the town where I usually stayed. This particular night, I was up in a tree, enjoying the cooler air.

I had almost drifted asleep when I saw a flash of color brush past me. I sat up and looked around. When I looked to my right, I saw Tooth staring at me with a slight blush. "What?" I ask, curious as to why she was looking at me like that.

"I umm.." She started, brushing some feathers back. What was it now? She wasn't going to obsess about my teeth again, was she? She fluttered closer, taking a seat beside me on the tree branch. "I was wondering, Jack... Do you umm..." Geez, out with it already. She put her head in her hands, sighing deeply. What was wrong with her? This couldn't be some silly teeth thing anymore.

"What is it? You can tell me?" I say softly, placing an arm around her. I felt her tense up and I began to worry. She finally looked at me and her eyes were full of fear and something else I couldn't quiet figure out. Suddenly, she leaned towards me, eyes closing and lips puckering.

For a moment, I was unsure of what she was doing. Then, I realized she wanted a kiss. I had never kissed anyone before... and kissing a fellow guardian... it just didn't feel right. I softly push her back and her stunningly purple eyes fluttered open.