Chapter 2

|.:: Jamie's P.O.V. ::.|

"Jack, stay with me!"

The words came out of my mouth before I could stop them. Why did I say that!? What does that even mean!? I don't want him staying the night or anything! What if I over sleep and my mom comes in to wake me up and sees me snuggling up with something that's not even there! ...not that we would be snuggling or anything! Gah!

Jack looked down at me, looking completely confused. I felt my face get extremely hot and I quickly let go of his wrist. No! No way! I take it back! Go back to your little wonderland, sir!

"Okay.." Jack mumbled, sitting on the bed beside me. I'm so glad the lights are turned off because this is probably the worst I've ever blushed! My stomach was doing flips flops so I laid down. Why was I feeling this way? This is weird.

"I-I'm sorry." I mumble back. "I didn't mean that... You can go if you want." I whisper, not wanting Kayla to come in again. Kayla was my step mom and I hated her. My dad remarried her after my mom died, only a year ago. She died in a car crash... I felt the tears filling in my eyes and I sniffled, even though I tried not to.

"Jamie, what's wrong?" Jack asks, scooting closer to me. He was still sitting so he towered above me. Why did he keep doing that? I was taller than him anyways! It doesn't matter!

A few tears made their way down my cheeks but I quickly swiped them away. No. I'm not crying in front of Jack. No way Jose. "Nothing!" I say, trying to sound happy. He doesn't buy my act.

"Tell me or I'll leave." He says. Even through the darkness, I can see his smirk. I roll my eyes. He's not gonna leave me.

"No, there isn't anything wrong, I pwomise!" I say in a childish voice which made him laugh. He finally lays down beside me, still smiling. Damn, his smile is perfect. I could see his white hair clearly, even in the dark. I strangely found myself touching it, lacing my fingers in the locks.

He turned his head towards me, his smile turned into another smirk. "Why are you doing that?" I quickly pull my hand back, shrugging my shoulders. He turns onto his side so he's facing me. I could feel his warm breath on my face. You'd think his break would be cold because he's Jack Frost but it wasn't. It was actually really soothing.

Without thinking, I slowly leaned forward, so I could get the warm closer. His breaths started to quicken but I didn't know why. Until I got even closer. Close enough so our lips almost touched and we breathed the same air. Wait! Wait! Wait! What was I doing? I quickly pull back, leaving a very confused Jack.

He opened his eyes, looking at me. I could see the slight blush on his cheeks. But, I know I might be red as a beet. His smirk was no longer there, he just stared at me, his expression unable to read. Shit, I screwed up, didn't I?

I sat up, running a sweaty hand through my hair. "I umm... Maybe you should go." I whisper. I hear him shuffle behind me and then, his arms wrap around my torso, pulling me towards him. I felt his warm breath once again but it was on my neck, sending a shiver down my spine. I bite my lip to stop any unwanted sounds.

"I'm not going to leave you." He said, against my neck. It felt as if I had 50 butterflies in my stomach. Was he trying to give me these feelings? Ugh, screw it. If he's doing these things he must be looking for some kind of response.

I turn my head, looking up at him. "Why?" I ask, my voice actually sounding a little seductive. Wait... seductive? Jack's a guy!! Crap! No no no no no no!!! I try to get out of his grasp but he just holds on tighter.

"Because I'm a Guardian. You're the reason why soooo I feel as if I need to guard you more than others." He said and I could practically hear the smirk in his voice. Damn it, leave me alone!

I shove his arms, trying to unlatch them. "I don't need your help! I'm almost 18!" I grunted but he laid down, pulling me with him. He was on his side with me pulled up against him. it seemed as if I fit perfectly in his arms.

Oh gosh, that sounds so cheesy! What am I talking about? Most of my friends now don't even believe Santa, let alone, Jack Frost! Why should I let him do whatever he wants to me? But... it did feel really nice to have someone care so much about me.

I actually found myself snuggling up to him, slowly drifting into a peaceful sleep. I heard Jack say something but I couldn't hear what it was, being to much asleep. But I did feel him kiss the top of my head, as my mom did earlier.

|.:: Jack's P.O.V. ::.|

He tried to kiss me. Jamie tried to kiss me. His lips were so close to mine, I could almost touch them. His breath mixed had with mine, making my breathing quicken and my heart race. I swear, it almost popped out of my chest.

The thing that bothers me the most is... I would have let him. If Jamie were to close in the space between our lips I don't think I would've pushed him away. Maybe even kiss him back. Which was strange because I wouldn't even let Tooth get that close to me yet, it's different with Jamie. I don't mind and actually found myself... wanting him to kiss me.

Before he went to sleep, I told him he was mine. If course, I didn't mean anything of it, I was just saying I guess. As I lay in his bed, my arms wrapped around him, pulling his back against my chest, I start to think. Why did I feel all this for Jamie? I didn't feel it for any of the other kids. It was this feeling that I needed to protect him but there was also something else. I didn't know what it meant or what I needed to do about it, I just knew it was there.

What about going back to the North Pole? I told tooth I wouldn't be long. But I couldn't leave Jamie, especially with him sleeping in my arms like this. I just wanted to hold him forever. That's not weird is it? No, I'm a guardian. It's my job to love the children. But Jamie isn't technically a child anymore, is he?

I sigh. Maybe I should just go to sleep, think about it more tomorrow.

|.:: Jamie's P.O.V. ::.|

I woke up still in Jack's arms, but I was now facing him. I look up at him, he was still sleeping. The sun was shinning through my window though, so I knew if I didn't get up soon, my mom would come wake me up.

"Jack..." I touched his chest and his eyes flew open. He looked down at me surprised, but then smiled.

"Hey Jamie." He says to me, pulling me closer. Too close if you ask me. I put both hands on his chest, pushing him away.

He let's go and I sit up, glaring down at him. He props himself up on his elbow, smirking at me. Damn, he smirks a lot. But it was cute. But not cute in a way that I'd date him! No! It's just like, if I were a girl I'd be attracted to him. Ew, that doesn't sound right either. Ugh, I give up.

"I have to do my chores today so you should-" he cuts me off before I could finish what I was saying. He probably knew though, it's pretty obvious I would say he should go. And it's also pretty obvious that he won't so why even try?

"I'll help you!" He shouts, getting up. He holds out a hand for me, which I rudely ignored. I stood up, now being taller than Jack. He pouted and it was my turn to smirk.

"I don't need help getting up shorty, but thanks." I said, ruffling his already crazy hair. This made him pout more and I just smiled at him. He's cute when he does that. But once again, not in that way!

But Jack, being the annoying person he is, decided to grab me by my waist and pull me towards him. "You don't need to be tall when you got the moves." He said with a wink that made me blush like a mad man. When he saw me blush, his expression changed. He let go of me, taking a step back. "I was joking, ya know."

I nod. Of course he was. He wouldn't really hold me like that. He was probably joking last night too. He wouldn't ever like me like that. N-Not that I'd want him to though! I was just saying since he grabbed me like that.

Jack smiled, lightening the mood. "So, what chores do we have to do?"