I take my books out of my locker before shutting the door. I turn around and am met with the face of Connor Murphy. Yipee.

"We're going to your house after school," he says without leaving the matter up to debate.

"O-okay, why?"

"My parents. I told them I'd be out of the house a few weeks ago but my plans dropped. They made their own plans. I need somewhere to go."

"Okay. I'll m-meet you here?"

"Yeah. See you then." He turns and runs to class, keeping his head down and occasionally glancing up to glare.

After School

I walk to my locker and put my books in. Connor shows up and we walk out of school together.

"D-do you want to g-get something to eat? I'm kinda hungry a-and it's fine if you're n-not! We can- we can just go to my house n-now, we don't h-have to get anything. I-I was just wondering i-if you wanted to," I stammer out, unable to stop myself from rambling.

Connor starts laughing before nodding. "You don't know how to talk like a normal person!"

"S-sorry," I begin to feel self-conscious.

"No it's fine," he laughs out, "Let's go eat."

"O-okay!"

We walk around for a while, looking for somewhere appealing we could eat. Even if it's just a fast food place like McDonald's or something, please give me food.

"What about...Friendly's?" Connor offers when he sees the building.

"I-if that's what you want," I mutter.

"Let's go," he grabs my wrist and drags me inside a bit forcefully. I'm sure he doesn't mean to though. We get a table and look through the menu. I'll wait until Connor picks so I can get an idea of what to get.

"Wh-what are you gonna get?" I ask.

"Probably a burger or sandwich, you?"

"Y-yeah, yeah same."

A/N

Short chapter, I know, but I'm kinda loosing my motivation with writing right now. If you have any ideas for chapters before the plot really picks up let me know. I'll see what I can do to implement them I guess.