11

Chilling on my couch. This is fun. Netflix horror movies. That's not so fun. We've been here for over four hours just watching shitty horror movies that still scare me even though I can tell it's just cgi.

I creature comes around the corner on the screen and I swear I can see that same creature in the corner of my living room. I swear to god if I die today because of a fictional monster I'll cry.

"What, you scared?" Connor whispers unnecessarily close to my ear. I jump and slap his face away.

"Shut up!"

Connor rubs his face, "You're so jumpy."

"I-" I'm cut off by the doorknob to my front door being unlocked and turned. I look at the clock on my phone. "That's my mom," I whisper. Connor pulls me against him with his arm over my shoulders and I hide my face in his shirt. It smells like smoke and faint berries. This is better than watching that creature devour a kid whole.

"Evan! I'm home!" my mom calls from the front door. She's probably kicking her shoes off and putting them in the cubby.

"We're o-on the couch!" I call back. I dig my face back into Connor's shirt.

My mom's light footsteps enter the room. "Oh, hi Connor, how are you?"

"I'm doing pretty good Mrs....Miss...Heidi?"

"Heidi is fine Connor," there's a slight laugh in her voice.

Someone in the movie screams. I tense my shoulders and dig my fist into Connor's shirt. He starts rubbing my back gently. "We should turn this off," Connor mumbles. He digs around in the couch for the remote before the room goes silent. I guess he found it.

"Do you boys want something to eat?"

"I'm fine," Connor says.

"Me too," I shift so my head is against Connor's shoulder and he rest his own head on mine.

"Okay, if you need anything let me know. I'll be upstairs," she turns and walks up the stairs.

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding and relax into Connor's side. I realize what I'm doing and sit up on the other end of the couch.

"Are you hot? I'm-I'm soooo hot. I think I should turn on the fan. I'm gonna turn on th-" Connor puts his hand on my arm and pulls me back on the bed.

"Your mom said that you have to call," he says with a harsh stare. I take the phone from his hands and dial the number for the pizza place. The phone rings and I start tapping my foot against the floor.

Someone picks up. "This is Space Pizza, how may I help you?"

"H-hey, hi, uh..." I trail off and try to give the phone to Connor but he pushes it back toward me. "Can I-Can I get a plain?" Connor nods. "Large pizza? Please?"

"Anything else?"

"Uh- A two-liter of..." I look to Connor again.

"Coke," he whispers. After a bit he starts laughing to himself.

"A two-liter of coke?"

A/N

Wow I'm not very good at this whole updating thing am I? I hope I can do this more frequently but my grades are really important right now and shit. So yeah...bye. I hope this is somewhat decent.