10

A/N

Looks like that hiatus wasn't as brief as I thought it would be...I swear I'll start writing this again, I just lost interest for a little bit. But I've officially regained it so these are gonna come more frequently (if I remember I have this app).

"Connor? A-are you okay?" I ask. He's been really quiet.

"Oh yeah, fucking dandy," he answers, his voice full of spite.

"I-I didn't know he would d-do that. I-I'm s-sorry."

"Whatever. Wanna do English now?"

"I-I'm already done. I-I'll let you copy mine i-if you let me copy y-your math?" I offer. "It's fine i-if you don't want to give me yours, I-I'll do it on my own, I-I just thought-"

Connor shushes me and pushes his math towards me while taking my English.

"Evan honey, I'm home!" my mom shouts from the front door.

"Okay! Uh, C-Connor's here too, I-I just wanted to make sure you know!" I yell back.

"Okay!"

Connor starts laughing.

"What?"

"You sounded so awkward talking about me!"

"I-I didn't want her to think w-we were doing anything...anything weird."

"Why would she think that? We literally just told her last week!"

"I-I'm sorry," I mumble.

"It's fine."

Then my mom's voice cuts through the house. "Did you boys eat yet?"

"U-uh not yet!"

"Do you want me to make you something?"

I look to Connor. "That'd be great Mrs. Hansen!" He quiets his voice. "See? Not that hard." He smiles. I smile back.

At School

"Connor!" I run up to him before homeroom starts. "Y-you left your book at-at my house. I-I figured you'd-you'd probably need it."

The tall boy looks at the book before taking it back with a smile. "Thanks. I had fun Friday."

I smile at his words. "M-me too!"

The bell rings, stopping me from making a fool out of myself.

"I'll see you before lunch?" Connor offers. He actually wants to talk to me? Holy shit!

"Y-yeah! Yeah, that'd be great!"

We go our separate ways and take on the day.

Lunch

"So then my manager was all, 'You can't just take the bath bombs without paying, especially if you bite them open!' And then I got fired from Lush," Jared finished.

"Dumbass," Connor mumbles before eating a chip out of my bag.

"Do you-do you want them?" I offer.

"What?"

"The chips. Do-do you want them?"

"Uh, sure," he takes the bag and starts eating them. "You sure you don't want these?" he asks with a mouthful of chips.

"Yeah...yeah I'm-I'm sure. I'm not- I'm not feeling well a-anyway."

After School

"Do you wanna come to my house? Or we could go to yours if you want?" Connor offers.

"R-really?" I ask, eyes full of hope.

"Yeah, it could be fun," he says absentmindedly. "Let's go to yours."

"Okay," I smile.