#2: The Story Of Us

(A/N) Mention of suicidal tendencies. Please don't read if easily triggered.

Lauren's POV

How could you leave me so unexpected? I was waiting....I was waiting for you but you left me.

I needed you.

I wish you were here.

You told me you love me, then you left me at the window waiting for you to return, but all I was left with was a broken heart and tears running down my face.

***

"Make ‪love to me, even though you don't love me. Bring back my memories of when we were in love even though I won't remember them. Love me, even though I know you don't." ‬

She whispered into my ear. Her hands around my waist, her lips lightly grazing my ear. Tonight felt different. I just didn't know if it was a good different.

I pulled away and looked her in the eyes. "Camz...are you okay? What's gotten into you?"

She shook her head and smiled. Her smile not reaching her eyes, but fuck, I'm too oblivious to even notice it. She's here, she's in my arms and it was always the best distraction. I could never think straight when she was here with me.

"I'm fine. I just..." Camila slipped her hands into my hair, bringing my lips to hers. Kissing me slowly, I felt her tongue slip into my mouth. "I love you. I just need you to know that. Please don't ever doubt that. I. Love. You."

I couldn't say it back because I didn't love her the way she loved me. I cared about her tremendously but love wasn't something I could've given her right now.

I took her hand in mine and pulled her closer to my bed. Looking her in the eyes, I saw no hesitation. I began to unbutton her shirt, she watched my every movement as though she was trying to memorise everything I did.

We made love that night.

I wasn't sure if I could've called it love, seeing as though I wasn't in love. But I felt something there for her. I think I would always feel something for Camila, but it was confusing for me. I never really understood what I felt for her.

Camila and I had dated when I was 16 and she was 20 at the time. I was in my final year of high school, recently coming out of a breakup, I met her through a mutual friend. Fun fact; Camila was the one who had cheered me up and helped me to move on. I also discovered that she was coming out of a break up, herself.

Seven days.

It took seven days for me to fall in love with her.

Seven days to know that she had a terrible sense of humour. Seven days to know that her family would hate me for dating her. Seven days to know that she was just a broken girl waiting for someone to love and to love her with the same fiery passion that she loved with.

It took seven days for me to be that person that she needed.

I would call her every night, and if I missed a night, I would text her constantly because her presence made my world a thousand times better.

We lasted exactly seven months.

It was my second longest relationship but also, my favourite at the time.

The night I graduated high school was supposed to be a happy occasion but we had a huge argument, I remember it all too well. It was what we did best. We fought all the time but managed to stay together after constant apologies from the both of us.