#15: Great One

(A/N) I'm back on my bullshit y'all 😆🤪

***

What is life? What is love?
What are lies? What is trust?
What is everything?
Everything is nothing without you...

***

Camila's POV

"I love you."

I remember her smile.

I remember that damned smile of hers that made me fall more hopelessly in love with her.

I remember the way she looked into my eyes, and the sincerity in her voice every time she whispered those three little words to me.

Those three little words that could melt my heart in an instant.

"I love you too..."

***

"Hey," my friend nudged my shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts. "I know it's a stupid question...but are you okay?"

I wiped at my eyes, willing myself not to cry. But what else could I have done?

"It hurts. It hurts so much. I don't even know what to do. How does...how can anyone live with this pain?"

My friend looked at me, and I could tell that he, himself didn't know what to say. And I didn't blame him but I yearned for an answer. I wanted to make this pain go away, but nothing was helping.

"To be honest, C..." he shrugged. "I have no fucking clue. I don't know what you're feeling. I don't know how much it hurts, but you're going to get through it. Maybe not today, not tomorrow, but one day eventually, it'll stop hurting."

I stared at her tombstone, and as much as I tried to stop the tears, they came. They poured down my cheeks and I wasn't sure if it was ever going to stop.

I was drowning in my pool of sadness and no one was there to help me.

"I don't think I'll ever stop loving her."

He nodded and wrapped an arm around me, pulling me closer to his chest. "No one said you had to stop loving her. No one is asking you to stop, but at one point you're going to have to let go." He kissed the top of my head and held me as I cried in his arms.

She told me that hell didn't exist, and that heaven was beautiful.

"I miss her," I said after a couple minutes of me crying into my friend's chest. "I miss her so much, that I wish I never met her. Is that cruel? Does that make me a bad person?"

Jesse laughed and pulled me down to sit under a tree next to him. "You, of all people on this entire planet will never be a bad person. Shame on you for thinking that." He took one of my hands in his. "Lauren wouldn't want you thinking that either."

"You don't know what Lauren would've thought," I told him, and rested my head on his shoulder. Jesse had been my best friend since senior year back in high school. He had been there when I met Lauren, he was there when I was slowly losing her and now he was here when I lost her.