fourteen

❝ the past.❞

______________________________________

[FLASHBACK]

Jimin was 15 when he met his first love.

"kiddo, I need some money." the infamous school senior leans forcefully on Jimin, resting his bulky arm over his shoulders. Jimin immediately felt his heart drop— he doesn't even have enough to afford food, much less money to give away. Additionally, he had the water bill that Mom was struggling to pay off; and it was a life or death situation.

"I don't have anything to give you. Stop bothering me." Jimin firmly states, knowing that he'll be beaten up like the last time. But he was left without a choice.

"What did you say?" an ominous smile crept up the senior's lips, indicating trouble. Jimin repeated himself, pushing off the arm that was heavy on his shoulders; and this causes the bully to retaliate instantly.

"You motherf*cker....Who do you think you're talking to ?!" the senior erupts, screaming into his face. As Jimin prepares for a fisting, he suddenly felt an abundance of silence falling upon them.

"Don't. If you hit anyone, you'll be expelled." a beautiful girl appears behind the senior's back, calmly placing her delicate fingers onto his shoulder. The senior's eyes seem to light up in recognition, and immediately lets go of Jimin.

It's Miyuzaki Yona, a foreign student from his class. Jimin recalls.

Jimin felt a intrigued stare at his side profile, and turns to lock eyes with Yona. His heart instantly goes haywire; Yona was graceful as she was beautiful. He averts his eyes away, too shy to look directly into her eyes.

But this wasn't the end for his heart. Yona walks towards Jimin, before eveloping her arm with his in a intimate manner. "He's my boyfriend," she states towards the bully. "I will dislike it if you bother him anymore than this."

"H-huh? Really?..." the senior's eyes boiled down to disappointment. It was clear that his love was unrequited, and not only that; it was shoved into his face that his crush was in love with the one he's been bullying. The pride he had was crushing down upon him.

When the senior leaves the classroom, the midsummer sun begins to rise upon the horizon, glacing the sky with a thousand hues of warm colours. The empty classroom is now eveloped with a gentle breeze as the two of them locked eyes yet again.

At this point in time, Jimin's heart was spiraling out of control.

"What are you doing here so early in school?" Yona tightened her grip on his arm, still not letting go despite meeting for the first time. It seemed to Jimin that she pitied him, enough to tell a lie to the senior.

"I...I left my books under the table, I was coming to get it before the first period." Jimin explains softly, mesmerised by the girl in front of him. With that, Yona breaks into a chuckle. "Same for me!" She states, seemingly unapologetic for her mistake.

As a ray of sunshine rests gently on her face, Jimin realizes just how enchanting the girl was; and felt himself falling into her trap. She was a siren, alluring and impossibly attractive. Jimin wondered if he could ever be like this if he tried.

"I guess you'll have to pretend to be my boyfriend till at least the end of the semester, Jimin." Yona states with a smile that attacked his heart. Even more so as the girl seemed to know his name, for someone as insignificant as he was in class. "What do you think about that?"

"Okay, I'll be your boyfriend." Jimin agrees with a blush.

"Now, shall we practice?" Yona suggests, placing her hand into his. "you can start by kissing me on the cheek."

"Okay."

Jimin's posture changes into dominance as soon as she gave the permission— there was now a predator in his cold stare. The shy boy was slowly dissipating, replaced by a character he never knew he had. Alluring and irresistible; Jimin reminded himself to be, in front of the girl he's starting to fall for.

As his thick lips presses gently against her cheek, it travels down and down...eventually reaching the nape of her neck. The way his lips brushes ever so slightly against her skin sent her shocks down her back; it was now impossible to resist his grasp. Jimin pulls the girl closer into an embrace as he places tiny kisses onto her neck, leaving her breathless— and ultimately wanting to feel even more.

"It's practice..." he explains as his warm breath caresses her bare skin.

"Just practice."