Family

"Lavi, would you stay for a moment?"

Komui's eyes were serious, and Lavi could tell that the man had his worries about the mission.

Once Allen and Kanda had left the room, Lavi sat down to listen to what the superior had to say.

"We are all worried, about Allen." He began.

"He tends to act recklessly and on his own accord. But lately, I've noticed a change."

Lavi understood what the man was saying, Allen was always the type to keep his emotions bottled up. He was so passionate about saving the akuma, but that passion has started to dim. Even now, whenever Allen falls asleep he still speaks of Mana. All of these factors make the people around him worry.

"I want you to keep a close eye on him." Komui explained.

"This mission will not be easy, in fact, I was reluctant to send you both at all. Because when it comes to family, we can't afford to lose anyone."

The atmosphere went dark as they thought of the exorcists and finders who lost their lives.

"Oh come now! Lets not dwell on the past!" Komui smiled.

"You have a long journey ahead of you, be sure to remember what family means." His grin grew bigger, and faded little by little as the young bookman exited the room.

"It's always hard to say goodbye to the ones you love." Tears began streaming from his eyes.

~

"Kanda."

"Hm?" The grumpy young exorcist answered, keeping his eyes shut while the train rocked him from side to side.

"Do you think of the Order as your family?" Lavi asked.

Kanda peaked out of one eye, curious.

"Komui was worried huh?" He asked, ignoring the question. Lavi's face turned red from embarrassment.

"It's just... I have never had this feeling before. I know it's wrong, I'm a bookman, I can't become involved, but..." Lavi began to tear up.

"Who says you can't be involved?" Kanda answered.

"What?"

"I understand that you are the next bookman, but what if you're supposed to be apart of this? Apart of history."

"Kanda..."

"Don't get all emotional on me now curly fry, I'm just stating the facts. You are already becoming apart of this story, so maybe it's meant to be."

"Kanda" Lavi smiled

"...you do care~" he lunged forward, bringing sour Kanda in for a hug.

"No I don't! You just wouldn't shut up! Now let go of me!!!"

"Yuu~"

"Don't call me that!!!"