The Arrival

It took only a day, astonishingly, to travel from the order to the estranged village. Lavi walked with a slumping motion, showing his exhaustion. Unluckily for Lavi, Allen had been in a playful mood, forcing the two men into a lengthy game of cards. Kanda on the other hand seemed unaffected by the loss, striding along side Allen with one hand resting on the hilt of his sword.

"So..." Lavi began.

"We should come up with a plan before we reach the forest, any ideas?"

"I suggest one of us stays in the village, to question the towns people." Kanda added.

"If we are going based on the level of akuma in the area, I think it would be wise to leave you here Lavi."

They came to a hault.
Allen was somewhat shocked that it wasn't him whom the skilled exorcist thought poorly of.

"Me?!"

"Yes you! Who else here is named Lavi dumb ass!!!"

"In any case, Allen is mentally stronger than you, he isn't the best ally for a mission such as this, but I'm stuck with you both, so suck it up."

Mentally... stronger than me?

"Kanda."

"yes?"

"I think you should stay in the town."

Anyway, I made a promise, to watch Allens back. I can't separate from him now.

"What did you just say? Don't be ridiculous! This mission is too important to screw up, so don't joke like that."

"I'm serious." Lavi's expression turned cold, and for a moment the two of them seemed to be on the same level.

"I don't know why it's so important to you, but I understand that expression being plastered to your face. You are one hundred percent serious, aren't you?"

Kanda held out his hand, lowering his guard.

"Ok, I'll try to be quick with the questioning, so that I can save your dumb asses sooner. In the meanwhile, just try to not get yourselves killed before hand, kay?"

"Gotch ya!" Lavi shook his hand with all the force he had, another beaming smile stretching across his face.