Matt Bomer - Today Can't Get Any Worse

This one is requested by thepottergirl123 . I hope it's a bit similar to what you had in mind! Enjoy some Matt Bomer fluff :)

————————————————————————

Well, work was as bad as it could get. That son of a bitch, Mitch Cready, got promoted instead of me, though he didn't deserve it in any way possible.

As soon as I got home my phone started beeping and buzzing. I unlocked my phone and opened Twitter to see what's going on.

That was something I shouldn't have done. Mitch Cready and some of my other co-workers tweeted all about Mitch's promotion and they also happened to have posted a picture of me being against his promotion. Of course, people laughed at me and that's the last thing I could handle.

I went to get my keys, some money and my phone and left my apartment. I didn't want to risk running into anyone I knew, so I decided to go for a short drive to a different cafe.

After about half an hour, I was quite sure I wouldn't be running into people I knew fairly well. I parked my car and went into a cafe just around the corner.

It was packed and I couldn't be bothered. I ordered a mojito and went to the back of the cafe into the backyard and sat down at the waterside. The view was beautiful and I could finally feel myself releasing some stress.

A good 10 minutes had passed when I felt someone standing next to me. I looked up and was met with the most beautiful pair of blue eyes I had ever seen. I looked at him for a good minute after I realised I was staring.

"Hi," he said and smiled. Gosh, his smile was just as beautiful as those eyes of his.

"Hey," I said with a faint blush across my cheeks. He must've noticed because he started chuckling.

"Mind if I join you?" he asked, gesturing to a spot next to me.

"Not at all." I replied and he took a seat.

We both just looked at the view for a bit before he spoke up again, "It's beautiful, isn't it?"

I turned my head and saw him already looking at me, "I definitely is."

As I took a sip of my mojito, I realised my glass was empty. "Can I get you anything? My drink is empty, so I'm gonna get something new.." I asked the man.

"No, no sit down, let me get you something." he said as he was about to stand up. I beat him to it and was the first to stand, "I insist on buying you a drink," we laughed, "so what will it be?"

"Whatever you'll take."

I rolled my eyes a bit at this cringeworthy gesture, but I couldn't mind too much. "I guess I'll take another Mojito."

"A Mojito it is, then."

I laughed and headed inside to get us both a mojito. When I got back I saw the man still standing at the waterside.

"Here you go," I said and handed him the drink. He thanked me and we both sipped our drinks.

"I haven't introduced myself, have I?" he asked and I shook my head. "I'm Matt." he said and extended his hand to me, which I took, "Josie."

We talked for quite a while longer before I asked him if he wanted to go for a walk around the lake into the park on the other side. He agreed to go with me and we went on our way.

"Josie," Matt started when we were halfway around the lake, "you never told me the reason you were sitting out there all alone at the cafe."

I laughed a bit at the way he wanted to ask me why I was alone, but the reason didn't really make me laugh. "I had a rough day at work and just wanted to get away from all of it for a couple of hours."

Every time I told Matt something, he listened as if his life depended on it and it made me feel very good.

"Ah, well, if you wanna talk about it, I'm here." he said while walking a bit closer to me.

I shivered, since it wasn't very warm anymore and he must've noticed, because he started taking of his coat. "No Matt, don't. You'll get cold. It's my own fault I didn't bring one myself."

Matt smiled, but put his coat around my shoulders nonetheless. I rolled my eyes and chuckled, "Thanks." I couldn't help the blush that crept onto my face.

Matt told me about his youth and how he got into acting; listening to his voice telling all those stories was something I could definitely get used to. He also asked me about my life and I just told him everything I thought was a bit interesting for him to hear.

In the park, we walked passed some couple making out heavily and we couldn't contain our laughter.

Never had I met someone I bonded this fast with. It felt like I had known Matt for years, as if he was my best friend on this planet. But he wasn't, he was just a guy who I met a couple of hours ago.

"It feels like I know you much longer than I actually do." Matt suddenly spoke up, as if reading my thoughts.

I laughed and he asked me why with a confused look on his face, "I was actually just thinking about that. I've never had this with someone and it just feels so safe, you know?"

Matt nodded, knowing exactly what I meant.

"I never thought I would feel good, happy even, after today at work, but then you came and now look at me." I smiled nervously, blushing.

I looked up and noticed he was blushing slightly as well. He put his arm around my shoulders and we started walking back to the cafe.

During the walk back we didn't really talk that much. We just really enjoyed each others company and enjoyed the silence; no people making fun of anyone.

We reached my car and told there for a bit without saying a word.

"I know I said this before, but I had a great time so thank you, Matt. You honestly made my day."

He blushed a bit and smiled at me, "I had a great time as well."

Matt got out his phone, "Can I have your number? I would really like to see you again.."

I excitedly put my number in his phone and told him to text me whenever he had the time. He told me he'd do exactly that and there we stood again, in silence, just looking at each other.

"Well, I guess I'll see you. Bye, Matt."

"Yeah, you definitely will." he smiled and took a step closer to me, "Can I at least give you a 'goodnight-kiss'?" he asked nervously.

I immediately went red but nodded nonetheless.

He moved his head closer to mine and softly pressed his lips against mine.

The kiss didn't last long, but I savoured every second of it.

"Bye, Josie."