18

Jeremy and Michael walked slowly into the med wing. Cameron was sitting on the bed, messing with a strand of Phillip's hair, who was asleep next to her.

Michael and Jeremy smiled at her. "Hey, love." Michael said quietly. "How are you?"

Cameron looked up and smiled. "I'm good. I couldn't sleep."

"That's okay," Michael said, closing the door behind them and leading Jeremy over to the bed. "Wore him out, huh?"

She looked down at Phillip and shrugged. "I guess. Eliza protects him like he's an injured puppy. He isn't used to staying up late."

Jeremy snorted. Michael nodded. "Yeah, that makes sense."

He looked at her arm, which was wrapped in a cast. The cast had a few little drawings on it in black Sharpie, as well as "Phillip" in sloppy handwriting. Michael smiled and sat on the bed, patting for Jeremy to sit next to him.

"How's your arm feel?" Michael asked.

"Painful. But I guess I shoula expected that."

"Yeah,"

Jeremy smiled at her. "Michael found Arron's daughter. She's the same age as you and Phillip."

Cameron smiled back, "Really?"

"Yep."

"Hey, can I ask you a question?"

"Shoot."

"If you're dating Michael, and Michael's technically my dad now, would that mean that you're also my dad?"

Jeremy glanced over at Michael. "Uh, I guess so."

Cameron smiled.

And then there was a gunshot.

~*~*~*~
Ooh a short one. For  s u s p e n s e