9. You are being stalked

Chapter 9. You are being stalked

(Danielle)

I was sure I was going to regret my answer one day, but for now I was too tired to fight with him. Too tired to talk back.

"Let us go to our room." I said and he smiled a little. 

"Do you want anything to eat?" He asked as he looked at me with question in his eyes. 

"Something, anything. I am hungry." 

"Hi Bessie, can I get that waffle and some cookies and caramel latte to go. How much is that?"

He knew me very well. He grabbed the bag of said things and paid her as I removed my apron and handed it to Bessie. "Sorry for today, I will be here tomorrow and hopefully there won't be any dramas."

"Don't worry about that, go and take some rest." Bessie said. "Looks like he cares a lot about you." She said. She did not know anything about our feud. 

"Yeah." I mutterer as I walked away. 

The walk to the dorm was filled with complete silence, the one that was not filled with unsaid, angry words. The one that was suffocating. 

It was comfortable, walking side by side, his hand rubbing against mine. A strange sense of peace wrapped around my heart and I wished that this moment would prolong. Only it didn't. God really hated me. 

"Aaron, man, where were you? And what are you doing with her?" Liam Bennett's loud voice disrupted our silence. 

"I was in the cookie corner and we're now going to our dorm room." Aaron explained to his best friend. "Want to come?" He asked.

I wished he didn't just ask the moron that.

"Man, this is ridiculous. You and her... You are like Vampires and Werewolves. You can't stay together, you just can't." Liam said as he looked at us with a frown.

"Bennett, do you even think before you talk?" I said and he poked his tongue out.

"Yes, and you are very rude."

"I know. Thank you."

"That is not a freaking compliment and what is that I heard about Samantha and you breaking up?" He looked at Aaron.

"We are way overdue, don't you think."

"Of course. She isn't good for you, but... Breaking up with her after this..." He pointed to the both of us. "It is suspicious."

"It is not. I don't have anything to do with their breakup. I don't care whether he kiss or kill Samantha."

"Don't you?" Aaron asked, his eyes scorching hot on mine. They were dark and alluring... And I couldn't think straight.

"No." I sounded rather unconvincing, even to myself.

"Guys, guys... This is just too much for my poor brain. Just tell me what is going on here." Liam cut in with a sigh. "When did you stop hating her? You didn't tell me-"

"I don't have to sent you a notice or anything, right?" Aaron chuckled.

"You have to, because I hated her only on principle." He shrugged with a frown. "So truce?" He looked at me and sighed.

"I don't know. Let us see."

"It is all your fault." Liam accused Aaron and Aaron shrugged with a smile.

"Yes. Sorry."

Liam followed us back to the dorm and as the two boys chatted, I ate my share of cookies and started doing some of my school works.