LA to Westdene

I sat on my bed with my legs raised in an arch with my iPad leaning against them. I was scrolling through all of Faïded's songs and lyrics.

It's weird to read the words to a song you and your friends wrote, knowing that even without the words in front of me, I'd still know it word-for-word. Some of the songs we haven't published because Kevin's such a douche bag about the type of message we send into the world.

How is singing a song about the negative effects of prom and winter formal a bad thing? Apart from the cussing.

I sighed when I realized that my mom knocked on my door. She came in with Mike. He picked up my suitcases but my mom walked straight to me. "Come on, hon. The plane leaves in forty minutes," stress radiating off her voice.

Being the brainiac I am I clarified for her, "mom, LA X is ten minutes away, fifteen with the night express traffic. That's if you take the short route that we usually take but if you take..."

"Jaime! The planes leaves in forty minutes."

Of course! The plane leaves forty minutes, mom time. Mom time meaning twenty minutes earlier than she said. I sighed as I slipped my iPad into my laptop bag and rested my headphones on my neck.

One of Eddy's bodyguards -Sebastian- drove us from the penthouse to LA X in Eddy's black limousine with Gardenia's flag on either side of the hood. I couldn't decide which I hated most, the flags or the limo.

Usually when we -White Glove- go to award shows and stuff like that, we go in hot rods like Maserati or a Lamborghini. Not even to prom or winter formal do we ride in such... Flashy cars!

Sebastian pulled over. I wasn't focusing on the driver so I hardly knew if we're going to the airport or to hell. When the car stopped, I noticed that we were parked next to a jet. Or something really large because even though there were lights, it's still relatively dark.

Mike -the other bodyguard- sat next to me while my mom and Eddy sat together across from us. Mike shifted to open the door and I followed him before my mom and Eddy did. "I don't suppose you two have ever been on a private jet before?" Eddy mused. I felt like saying 'I have so you'll have to try harder, royal pain,' but I just scoffed and rolled my eyes then yawned.

23:05 and I feel the tiredness booming!

"Eddy, this is-" I heard my mom start but she started laughing so much that the last word was inaudible. "You amaze me sometimes, you know that?"

I felt like gagging when I heard them kiss -even if I wasn't facing them. I cleared my throat when the kissing didn't stop, so did Mike and Sebastian. "Right, um. This way. Christina, Jaime," Eddy stated walking past me with zero eye contact.

He strutted onto a golden carpet that led into the jet with the pilot, three air hostesses, Mike and Sebastian on the left and six men in uniform on the right.

My mom draped her left arm around the base of my neck as she whispered, "please try to enjoy this trip, Jay. He's doing it for you." I looked down at her hand and, still, there was no engagement ring. Let's hope it stays that way.

I sighed while my mom gave me a light shove and we walked to step into the jet. The walls were cream so were the sofa that was lined with the back of the right-hand side of the jet and the round and rotatable cushioned chairs on either side of the aisle throughout the jet.

Mom and Eddy sat across each other on the left side of the aisle while I sat on the right -also on a rotatable chair. I turned the chair away from them and lifted my headphones, that were already plugged into my phone. I turned up the volume to block out any interruptions of me being angry.