Prologue

A/N: This story is an AU/crossover involving the characters from the Hotwheels: Acceleracers series and the show Transformers Prime. All rights to the respective owners. 

This is a more transformers-heavy story, so if you're looking for a mainly Acceleracers book, this may not be the book for you, though I do hope you read it. In this story, there are no racing realms. The only things brought from the Acceleracers universe are the characters, teams(excluding drones), and cars.

Thank you, and Enjoy!

/----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\

"Ratchet, prepare sick bay! It's Hot Rod. He's been hurt!" Said a severely damaged voice.

"Bumblebee, what happened?" Ratchet inquired, "I need coordinates."

" We're just at the edge of the Sea of Rust. Ratchet, hurry!"

Once Bee was ground bridged to the main hospital in Iacon, Ratchet and Perceptor immediately put the two bots on stretchers and began their work. Bee's voice box had to be removed due to its severe damage, which was causing energon loss.

However, Hot Rod was another story. Apparently he yelled at Megatron to suffer in the Pit right as Megatron began to rip Bee's voice box out, causing Megatron to stab him in 3 separate areas along his torso, including just next to his spark chamber, damaging the spark's external shell and puncturing his spark.

"There's nothing we can do. He's offlined," Ratchet sighed in dismay, "Optimus has lost too many already, this will kill him."

Optimus Prime was Hot Rod's mentor. They spent almost every cycle together. They were so close that Optimus viewed Hot Rod as his progeny.

"There is one way, Ratchet, you just won't like it," Perceptor commented, already knowing the old medic's answer even before he said it.

"Perceptor, no. That procedure is Decepticon in origin! We don't even know if it will work or not! You know how dangerous and volatile those energon variants are!" Ratchet snapped back. He refused to let himself stoop to the level of the Decepticon scientists.

"But Ratchet, the Nitrous procedure is the only way to keep Hot Rod alive!"

"Perceptor is right Ratchet." A third voice spoke. It was commanding, yet kindhearted and gentle. This was Optimus Prime, who just entered the room after hearing Perceptor's statement.

"Optimus, you can't be serious about this," Ratchet stated matter-of-factly.

"Hot Rod is one of the best warriors we have on our side. If there is a way to keep him online longer before becoming one with the Allspark, then we must try." Optimus Prime replied.

Ratchet was about to debate Prime, but he knew that there was nothing he could say to change the Prime's mind. "Understood, Optimus. Perceptor?"

"Yes?"

"Commence preparation for the Nitrous procedure."

"On it."

Ratchet looked to Optimus, "We will do everything we can Optimus, but just understand this. We don't know what could happen after the procedure is complete."

"I am aware of the risks, old friend," Optimus replied, "but we must try. Hot Rod is very important to our cause. And to me."

"I...understand. We'll do what we can Optimus."

Optimus merely nodded in understanding before looking over at Bumblebee and the other injured soldiers in the medbay. This war could not remain on Cybertron for much longer, especially now that the planet's core had been corrupted and poisoned with Dark Energon, he knew that. But he couldn't let Megatron win. As he walked out of the medbay, he stopped by Perceptor.

"Perceptor?"

"Yes sir?"

"Commence work on Project Ark."