Chapter 11 ~ Happy Tears

■□ Wonwoo's POV □■

I woke up the next morning to Jihoon shaking me awake.

"Wonwoo, I need to talk to you. Wake up." Jihoon whispered, making sure not to wake Iseul.

I gently took my hand out of Iseul's, trying not to wake her. She moved a bit, but didn't wake up. I got out of bed and followed Jihoon into the living area.

"Where is everyone?" I asked, noticing that all of the rooms were empty and no one was in the living area.

"I told them to have breakfast in the first-floor dorm. How is Iseul doing?"

"Last night was rough. The news about what happened to her parent's graves caused something. She thinks that their death is her fault."

"Oh no. What did you tell her?"

"I told her that it is in no way her fault. She didn't believe me, but she got better as the night went on."

Jihoon then put his face in his hands and breathed in and out deeply.

"I don't know what to do, Wonwoo. I don't know how to be there for her and I feel terrible about it."

"What do you struggle with when it comes to comforting her?"

"I just feel like I will make things awkward, or I will say the wrong thing and make her even more upset. I'm not good at communicating."

"Iseul knows that about you. She knows that you don't always know what to say, but she still loves you. Just make sure she knows that you are trying." I assured him, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Thanks, Wonwoo. I'm glad she has people like you who are good with her and know just what to do to make her feel better."

"I'm glad I met her. I hate the circumstances in which it had to happen, but I like having her in my life."

I couldn't help but smile. I liked having Iseul around even though we haven't talked much. She just seemed, different, I guess.

"Do you want to go wake Iseul up?" I asked Woozi.

"You go. I'll go tell the group that she had a rough night and not to pry or be weird. I'm not getting into any details though; Iseul can decide whether or not to tell them about the situation."

"Sounds good."

Woozi left, and I went back to Iseul's room. She was still asleep. She looked so peaceful in her sleep, I felt bad for waking her. I noticed that some of her hair had fallen in her face, so I pushed it away while softly saying,

"Iseul, it's time to get up"

Her eyes slowly fluttered open, and she smiled when our eyes met.

"Wonwoo, lay down with me for a minute."

I obeyed, laying down on my side next to her so we were facing each other.

"I'm sorry you had to deal with my breakdown last night."

"Iseul, there's nothing to be sorry about. It is perfectly understandable for you to have moments like that when you are going through what you are going through. I would willingly stay with you again if you ever need me to. I'm here for you."

"Jeon Wonwoo, I'm so proud of you."

"Why would you be proud of me? You should be proud of yourself! You were so strong last night."

"I know that you have trouble with getting close to people. You were there for me last night and you seemed to know exactly what I needed. Thank you so much."