Uno

Val's POV~~

I walk down the street with Monse since she got off the bus that was coming into town the same time I was.

I was wearing black short shorts with rips in them that came to my butt since I had them before I left and hit puberty, a tucked in mint blue shirt with black writing that says 'Adidas' that stuck out farther than I'm used to since I now have boobs, black combat boots, with a black chocker around my neck.

Monse was wearing a pink tank top with a string  cut out over her new boobs, jeans, and a flannel around her waist.

We were walking down the street when a man in his 40's cat called us. Monse just crossed her arms while I flipped him off. We walked off with the man still calling us when we ran into my older brother Mario, outside his ex-girlfriends house yelling about not having a Christmas break hook-up.

"Maybe she's not home?" Monse yelled, catching my brothers attention.

"Hey, hey you." He says, awkwardly as me and mons crossed the street. We hugged and he welcomed us, but not before checking monse out for the first time.

We walked back to my house when I saw Ruby jumping on his bed with Jamal.

"We're back." We say

"Can you move that?" Ruby asked, without saying hey or anything.

"Sure we've only been gone all summer." I say sassily.

"How was camp? How was Tia's?" Ruby says.

"It was good. Notice anything different?" We say at the same time smiling and slightly sniggering under our breath.

"You got boobs." They boys say. We both cover our chests and frown.

"You can wait for Ceaser to help than." Monse says, glaring while I shrug.

" Well then its never going to happen." Jamal says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Where's Ceaser?" Mons asks.

"We're not getting into it." Ruby says as Jamal starts to say something.

"We need to head down to registration." Jamal says, Mons and I still bugging him as we walk down the street. The boys explain why they won't tell Mons what happened when Jamal let slip that it was something Ceaser said. We walk faster when we pass a group of men jumping another guy on 19th street. 

Walking farther down the street we hear music. We see the person everyone in Free Ridge is scared of; Oscar Diaz, aka Spooky, or as we know him Ceaser's older brother.

"Fine then we'll ask Ceaser ourselves." Mons says then walks into the middle of the street and I follow her. We walk around to the drivers side.

"We just wanted to tell Ceaser we're back in town." I say in the softest tone I can.

"Lookin' like fine ass hynas'" Oscar says, checking us out.

"Underage hynas." Mons says sassily, while I blush since I get flustered easily.

"Not for some. You two just look a little different. What changed?" He questioned.

"Our boobs." Mons repeats what the boys said to us earlier.

"Nah you got your braces off."  He says while driving off but not before sending me a wink.

"When did Oscar get out? Ceaser obviously said something to impress him." I say walking with everyone.

"Tax time, bitches. Hands up, money out." Latrelle says, acting hard. We turn around  and he starts checking me and Mons out. "Damn things have changes, baby." he says staring at me as I look at him with disgust for being so vulgar. "Now I know you got that back to school Guap."  and Mons being Mons starts getting technical and we tell her to shut up, we lie saying we don't have any, then Jamal opened his big mouth which caused Ruby to lose $40.