JUST SOME END-OF-BOOK THINGS

So, you've made it to the end with me... and I only have these words.

THANK YOU. Thank you so much for clicking that read button when you first saw this story, for taking the time to read this story, for voting, commenting and supporting me all the way till the very end, even if the controversial things in there have screwed you up (and myself) or made you personally attacked. 

Thank you for actually sticking with the trainwreck / dumpster fire that this boi is.

Now, here are some fun facts about this story, just to keep y'all entertained while I churn up that Q&A for the peeps who commented :)

1. The initial storyline was supposed to be Selene rallying together all of Natalie's former targets to figure out how to expose her - but I realised that it was an old trope, very cliche and not representative of real life (not that it is now lmao). But after noticing how tv shows had storylines regarding a threatening anonymous mastermind + reading stories with revenge in a school setting (All That is Gold by simonesaidwhat, High School Hit List/Clique Bait by autheras, Bad Girls by twelvewonderingstars and literally any other 'rich kid school with a dumbass hierarchy system that main girl hates' book on wattpad), I decided that Selene would be flying solo and knocking people down from their pedestals. After all, she's too antisocial to even connect with the other loners. And the serious trust issues.

2. Selene is based off myself. Yes, so each time Selene ranted, it was really me ranting about life. Congratulations, you just read a story about me villainising myself to remind me that I am, in reality, a dumbass whenever I try to pin my own issues on others.

Shush, don't judge. I needed to get this book out of my system, as terrible as the contents are.

If you're also wondering, some of the things that I wrote about here were personal experiences, others based on rumours, inaccurate teas and piping, legit dramas I've heard about; it's up to you to wonder which were true and which were inaccurate. But just so we're clear, the revenge part was fully fictitious. I do not actually have the guts or the capabilities to stalk someone without flopping, or steal a diary.

3. There wasn't always chess imagery/symbolism in the story. It started with me thinking, "Selene plays chess, so does she think in a strategic 'chess' way?" and it escalated from there. As such, Gillian is portrayed as being second in command above Lisa due to certain ideas that bishops are more powerful than knights despite both being worth 3 points. I guess the Castle twins and Natalie don't need explanation and neither should Selene the pawn. The other cliques are probably represented by pawns linked together and not isola-

I digress.

4. I had no idea how to write Lisa's arc of the story, which is why it is quite bad. For whatever reason, I just couldn't. Her character was still important in my opinion, but I just didn't quite know how Selene caught her issues and screwed her up; my mind just went blank with her. Please drop suggestions and concrit here.

5. Rifton Girls' High School used to be called Jewelstone High School, in the oldest writing attempts.

*cringes intensively* 

What was I thinking ?????? Was that supposed to seem intellectual ?????? Did that name ?? carry ?? a single piece of sophistication ?? Wut ?!?!?!