Chapter 15| Connor Taylor [REWRITTEN]

"cause you said it meant nothing, and I should've kept my silence, but I guess I'm too attached to my own pride to let you know that all these words meant nothing, and I've always been this heartless, and we were just having sex, no I would never ...

"cause you said it meant nothing, and I should've kept my silence, but I guess I'm too attached to my own pride to let you know that all these words meant nothing, and I've always been this heartless, and we were just having sex, no I would never call it love"

sex • EDEN

For having just walked out of a two-hour English assessment first thing on a Monday morning, I was in a surprisingly great mood.

"That went well." I smiled as Scott, Trent and I headed out of the English building and across the yard toward our lockers. The sun was bright and round in the sky, a rare occurrence in the throes of winter.

Trent shot me a startled look. "You okay, man? You're very happy for someone who just walked out of an essay on a book he hated."

Scott glanced at me out of the corner of his eye with an unreadable expression.

I laughed. "Can't I just be in a good mood?"

"You can," Trent said slowly. "But you're not usually a gleaming ball of sunshine without a reason. Did something happen over the weekend?"

Yes, something did happen. In fact, many things happened.

Thing One: my very public rival (were we even that anymore?) took me to a bar downtown completely out of the blue.

Thing Two: he did it with the intention to cheer me up after having never cared about my feelings before.

Thing Three: I was actually having a good time before said rival decided to pick a fight with the guy I was dancing with and proceed to drag me out of the bar.

Thing Four: we got into a fight over his out-of-character possessiveness and I thought for just a second that maybe something was happening between us. He denied it and we went our separate ways.

Thing Five: it was possibly one of the greatest nights of my life. With someone I normally hated. And we didn't even have sex.

So, I said dumbly, "Nothing."

"That look doesn't come from nothing." Trent said.

We reached our lockers. I spun the dial and opened mine to shove my books back in. Scott and Trent watched me from the side, clearly waiting for me to elaborate.

When I finished in my locker, I turned back to them and twisted the cap on a bottle of Gatorade. I took one sip before laughing, "Guys, I don't know what you want me to say. I'm just in a good mood."

Trent nodded slowly and looked ready to drop the topic but Scott wasn't so forgiving.

He leaned against the lockers and watched me carefully. "So, nothing exciting happened over the weekend? Perhaps with a certain someone?"