Chapter Two - The Storm

I walked down the winding staircase carefully after helping Kate get ready for school. I looked back once more to see Stacy drive her away, and I descended faster. I wouldn't have much time before Stace got back.
My phone buzzed in my pocket, and I flipped it open. My jacket billowed as a strong breeze blew down the stairs, and I hooked the door closed.
"Yello?"
"Chris, where are you? The storm's getting worse!"
"Kev, take it easy, I'm almost there."
I used the rope-hook to swing across a gap.
"I'll have your wristblaster soon, I promise. I just need to work on my suit for a minute."
"Dude, Evi will be home any minute, I can't take another chance!"
"I'll be able to get there ten times faster if I get five extra minutes to work on this."
I hung up and jumped down into my workspace, grabbed Kevin's blaster, and started working on my project.

I crashed through Kevin's window seven minutes later, shattering it before it repaired itself.
"About time! Seriously, Chris, Evi is leaving Olivia's in, like, four minutes ago!"
"Easy, Kev, I have your blaster."
"Thank you. And don't break my-"
I smashed his window and jumped out before dashing home.

I was watching the rest of Space War Infinity when Stacy walked in carrying Kate.
"Did something happen?"
"There's a terrible storm out there. All electronics are being shorted out. They say there's a hurricane that's going to hit!"
Kate ran up to me and curled up in my lap.
"Stace, how bad is the hurricane?"
"They say it's bad. It's going to hit in less than an hour."
"You know that shed I always keep locked in the backyard? Take this key and take Kate into it. Don't stop until you reach the bottom of the stairs, and wait for me."
She took the key, picked up Katie, and ran out the back door.
I, meanwhile, went upstairs and gathered everything I could into a Gravitex Bag, which was pretty much everything we had upstairs.
I then ran into the shed, pulling out a red cube as I ran down the stairs.
I found Stacy and Kate waiting for me at the bottom.
"Everything is in this bag. We just need to-"
"What the hell is going on, Chris?! Why is this under our backyard?!"
"I'll explain when we reach the end of the path. Just grab on to me."
I clicked the button on the cube, and the cube disappeared in a vortex of code.
I could then feel armour sprouting on to my body.
I was soon adorned in a red version of my Prism outfit from almost thirteen years ago, complete with a bladed helmet and jetpack.
"Chris, is that..."
I landed on the ceiling faster than you could say 'Gravitational Megavortex'.
I ran across the gap with my wife and daughter dangling over a ravine.

"Chris, is this what you've been doing in here? Making weapons?"
"Pretty much, yeah. I also record songs sometimes."
I picked up a better, cleaner guitar and started playing.
"Fyre saved his brother,
Skill destroyed his dad,
Morgar destroyed the universe,
Like Aveline and Tad..."
"Chris, why did you write that? I told you, nobody likes those song-poems."
"I like daddy's song-poems!"
"Kate, the grown-ups are talking."

"So, the Umbrik cares deeply for his family. Who will we pick next?"
"I do not know, master, but may I suggest one of his closest allies?"
"Hmm...go on."
"He has spoken highly of a Kevin in the past, and his sister-in-law Emilie was with him when he defeated you the first time. If you could find one of th-"
He was cut short by Blix raising his hand, and cutting off the servant's air flow.
"Never speak of that incident."
With a snap of his fingers, the servant fell, dead, to the ground.
"It's time Chris Umbrik got a taste of my real power...But who to choose as the bait?"
The screen flashed between the faces of Kevin, Emilie, Stacy, Kate, and Dean, with a large red X across the last image.
"Ahh, perfect."
Three images were shown across the screen, one of a middle-aged man wearing a button-down shirt, one of a middle-aged woman wearing a burgundy dress, and one of a blonde woman around age forty, holding a machine gun, firing out of an FBI van, with Dean in the background and Chris sitting in a seat in the middle.
"One Umbrik will die in pain, One Umbrik will die in vain. One Umbrik will die while maimed, and one Umbrik will die by gangs."
Vincent recited the words he had seen so long ago on that paper dropped by Adewalè Umbrìk and passed down to Dean...
Look out, Chris Umbrik.
"Blix is out there."

Man, this chapter is long! It is PACKED with story! And don't worry, I won't kill off Emilie...unless that's what I want you to think and Blix will kill her at the beginning of the next chapter. Nah, I wouldn't do that! I love these characters! Anyway, the last two chapters took me like 3 hours to write combined, so...I'm gonna rest my thumbs. Maybe have a sandwich.
LHPE EM PSEALE

888 words!