Chapter Four - Escape

I slowly edged toward the kitchen. I had been in this house only once before, and the pain in my head made it hard to navigate, but I knew where Blix kept his knives.
He was using Magneton Ropes to keep my arms pinned to my side, and those were X-Co brand.
X-Co uses Gravitex materials and equipment, and I thought about that as I grabbed the knife and dropped it into my hand. I put it in the chained lock, but to no avail.
Blix must have adjusted the lock so that it couldn't be picked by a Gravitex agent.
"Damn!" I started my hour long journey to the basement steps to try the only other thing that could work.
BAM! I hit the wall after rolling down the stairs, and the ropes came off.
I took off my dented Gravitex SkullPlate and ran up the stairs...straight into one of Blix's Shadow Servants.
"Hey!" He pushed me down the stairs, and I hit the wall extremely hard. I retaliated by picking up the rope and sliding under his legs, knocking him over, and tying the rope into a noose that I put over a rafter and around his neck.
"Where did Blix take my family?!"
He gagged and reached toward the gun holstered at his side, but I stomped on his hand. I tightened the noose.
"Where did Blix take my family?"
I tightened the noose even more.
He managed to gag out "Druman...City..."
"Where did he take my Prism?"
I tightened the noose until he started choking, and I loosened it to its original state.
"Has...with him..."
I then tightened the noose until he stopped struggling, took his gun and SkullPlate, some extra Kinã, and his robotic leg that had the name Dean on it.
I'd have to study that later.
For now, though, I had to get to Druman.

"So you mean to tell me that you found Dimension's corpse with a missing SkullPlate, and his leg was missing?!"
"Sir, please, we can find another way!"
Blix snapped his fingers, and the guard flew into a pile of crates stacked against the wall.
"I told you not to fail me again, Li. You ignored that."
"Sir, please..." Li coughed, and blood started leaking from his mouth.
Blix snapped his fingers, and Li was thrown into a computer screen.
"You even let your comrade get killed!"
Li was thrown through the five-story window into the open streets of the Gyru zone.

I grabbed onto the ledge and pulled myself up, making sure that no one had seen me. I pulled out the HG-62 pistol I had stolen from the Gyru General Supplies store (Which, I should point out, did not like the fact that I already had a SkullPlate on my head) and looked around. There was an alley to my right, a tall tower behind me, and a street to my left.
"Glad you came."
I looked up, and there was a man in black robes standing above me, with a hood on.
"Wouldn't have missed this, Kev."
"Good. I already have the charges set. Just say the word and I'll blow the roof off the building."
"Get back to the docks, I'll meet you when we're done. I trust your family is in good hands?"
"The best. My great-aunt Ruv. She's pure Hondan."
"Okay, just use your ancestry to get past the guards."
Kevin grinned and jumped to the next rooftop.
I, meanwhile, jumped into the alley to greet three thugs who were raiding the Weapons Cache I had set.
"Hey there, boys." They whipped around and brandished their Hectosaws, and one pulled out a handgun.
"Those are the KO's weapons. So, if you'll just put them down, no one has to get hurt."
"Why should we believe you?"
"Because if you don't, I'll kill you and have three shiny new Hectosaws."
The one with the handgun took a shot at me, but he hit the Gravitex SkullPlate I had built under my armor.
"Sorry, but you've made things personal."
I grabbed the gun and wrenched it out of his hand, and shot him in both feet. One of the others ran away, but the remaining one dropped his saw and slung the shotgun off of his back.
I raised my hands...
Something whistled through the air...
And someone landed on the criminal, knocking him to the ground. The person was wearing a tattered white robe with an image of a white helmet on it.
They pulled the blade out of the criminal, and got a horrified look.
I could feel someone remove my SkullPlate, and I whipped around just fast enough to see someone hit me with a crowbar.

Another cliffhanger...Muahahhahahahah!