Chapter Three - Taking Hostages

"Chris, this is a really bad idea." Stacy was holding on to Kate as we sped along the countryside at two-hundred MPH in the Gravitex Mobile.
"We're approaching Frai, get ready for a sudden stop!"
I screeched to a halt just before we smashed into Emilie's house. She was already waiting inside with an Ak-47 poised at the door.
We sped inside and Emilie greeted us with "Why in god's name would you bring your family, Chris?!"
"I'm not gonna leave them there!"
"You should have! It's dangerous!"
"Why does Aunt Emilie have a gun?"
We all looked at Kate.
"Stacy, can me and Chris talk? Alone?"
"Okay, I guess."
Stacy picked up Kate and walked out of the room.
"This is bad."
"I know! We just barely got out of Novix."
"It'll be coming for Frai soon. If we don't stop it, it'll wipe Hondo-Okhana off the map!"
"We need to get away. Remember at Me and Stacy's wedding, when that firework exploded?"
"The one that said 'Blix'?"
"Yeah. I have a feeling that Blix had a successor. That he was preparing for us to kill him."
She looked at me.
"You're wrong, Umbrik." A deeper voice echoed from behind me. Suddenly, I could feel the barrel of a rifle against my head.
"I didn't have a successor."
I was careful not to move too suddenly.
"After you tied me up, a demon spoke to me. He told me that I could have infinite power, if I just killed the man who had wronged him."
"Who, Kanien? That guy couldn't fight even if he had the talent of that Old Assassin."
Blix snapped his fingers, and Emilie dropped to her knees. Glowing black chains wrapped around her body, preventing her movements to grab her gun.
He then snapped his fingers again, and Kate and Stacy floated in, limp, in the same position as a rag doll.
"You made one mistake, Umbrik. You let me live."
He pulled the trigger and the last thing I saw before everything went black was Blix picking up the AK.

Sorry for the short chapter, I'm busy right now. I'll try to write more soon.