Chapter 10: Heads and Tails

If Theo wasn't a monster he would have shivered in the cold night air. He was waiting in a dimly lit and dank alley behind a Beacon Hills restaurant for Stiles to arrive. He had gotten a text from the Nogitsune's new number earlier requesting a meeting to go over the plan. Theo had suggested that they meet at the abandoned asylum, where he had once held Stiles and Lydia captive, but Stiles had responded curtly: I have neither the time nor patience for that. With a sigh Theo had accepted Stiles' own suggestion. And now he was late.

Stiles appeared around the corner of the alley and Theo called out to him "You would think that a millennia old creature would have learned to be punctual by now..."

"When you have all the time in the world, you usually don't have to keep track." Theo saw Stiles smirk as stepped into the gleam of the dim overhead light. He had changed into a different outfit from Stiles' closet, but somehow he wore it differently to the awkward boy. He wore it better. Theo wasn't sure what it was; perhaps it was his... body. He chastised himself internally for the thought.

He was still angry from when Stiles had kissed him after he had dropped him off. Not only was it incredibly risky, but it was... weird! And confusing as hell...

"So," Theo started, "Are you settling in okay? Does anyone suspect you?"

"You think so little of my theatrical skills, Theo? I've eaten thousands of human souls; there's nothing I do better than imitating one." Stiles puffed out his chest mockingly. "Lacrosse, boobs, beer, parties." He said in a comically gruff and manly voice. Theo almost laughed. Almost...

"So why did you want to meet? I have much better things that I could be doing." It was true. Theo was skipping Chimera training for this inconvenience. At some point, Stiles had taken steps towards Theo without him noticing. They were now inches apart.

In a sudden movement, Stiles leaned forward and roughly pressed his lips to Theo's. Theo forgot to react for a few moments, but when he did he pinned Stiles against the wall of the alley, his forearm against the boy's throat. No, not boy... Monster. He could feel Stiles' pulse pounding against his flesh.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing. You... you creep." Theo practically spat the words into his face.

The Nogitsune just smiled, "As much as I love elementary insults, I'd much rather put my tongue in your mouth."

Theo laughed in surprise at the monster's bluntness. "What is wrong with you?! I'm not gay and even if I was - which I'm not - you're a monster! What is with this infatuation with me?" Theo was quickly losing his temper, which wasn't helped by the fact that he couldn't stop looking at Stile's lip, glistening with a mixture of both their spit.

"If I really must explain then I will..." Stiles began and Theo released him from against the wall, "My 'infatuation' with you is... not my own, shall we say. When I was locked away, I was also merged completely with Stiles' soul. We are one, two sides of the same coin. He's the head and I'm the tails. Get it? Because I'm a fox de-"

"Yes I get it!" Theo snarled. " But what does that have anything to do with this?"

"Merging with the soul of someone means you can hear their thoughts, sometimes even think the same things. The desires of one are the desires of the other. And this... this is not my desire. Not originally anyway." Theo stood back, stunned and thinking over what he had just been told.

"Stiles wants to bang me?" he asked. Stiles rolled his eyes and then advanced. Theo was too stunned to even react this time.

"I know you want this. I can feel it in your pulse, your breath. Might as well... indulge ourselves." Stiles whispered into Theo's ear and Theo shivered from the gentle caress of his breath. Theo thought about what was happening there in that alley. Something that he never thought would happen, that he still didn't quite believe was happening. But then he stopped thinking and started moving.

He took a step towards Stiles, their chests pressing together forcefully enough that Theo could feel both their heartbeats. He looked up into Stiles' eyes: where he used to see vibrancy he only saw wickedness and menace. But Theo had to admit that it was... sexy? There was silence but for their pants, but then Stiles closed the distance between them and their lips came together once again. This time Theo didn't break it up. He was silently resigned, as if waiting for something. Testing the waters. Stiles turned him around so his back was against the wall and began kissing his neck. Theo groaned.

Theo was confused, but that didn't matter one bit while Stiles nipped playfully at his neck.

Stiles and Theo had been good friends back in their early schooling. Stiles had hated it even more back then and because of his apparent vulnerability, he got bullied a lot. Once, a boy had teased him about something irrelevant, but it had brought Stiles to tears and as he sat there, head between his knees, he noticed a shadow stand over him. He was sure it was the bully coming back to finish him off, but when he raised his head he saw Theo Raeken, the quiet boy in his class. The one all the girls talked about but never talked to.

Theo had sat down next to Stiles and asked him if he was okay, a supportive hand rested on his back. And from then Stiles saw a bolster of support in Theo; someone to go to when he was upset. And then he moved away, but he never forgot. It was only when Theo returned to Beacon Hills that Stiles realised that his original reliance on Theo was something more than friendship. It had been a form of love. His return had stirred up all these old feelings in Stiles, but he couldn't admit it to himself, let alone his friends, his girlfriend.

Stiles looked on, concealed deep in his subconscious, but still able to see, as the Nogitsune did what he had always wanted to do. Although it wasn't. Not quite. This was barbaric almost; they kissed roughly, nipped at each other's flesh to get a reaction and he saw, with a sink of his heart, that Theo loved it. Moaning and groaning as the Nogitsune pushed him more roughly against the alley wall. No. Stiles didn't want it to start like this. He wanted romance, love in the face of adversity and maybe this, when they were ready. He wanted to do it properly. He wanted to look away, but the Nogitsune forbade him. He couldn't look away...