Rocky

"This is the worst storm we've seen in years here in Adventure Bay. We recommend that you stay in a sheltered place until futher notice; we will continue to give updates as the storm progresses." The news castor said from the television screen.

"R-r-ryder?" Skye asked shakily. "What if w-we d-don't make i-it?"

"No worries, pups. There is nothing to fear; we have all the gear we need in case of emergencies." The boy told them, trying to keep all of the pups calm.

"Look at all that water." Marshall said. "It sure is a lot."

"At least you won't have to put out any fires, Marshall." Chase joked, trying to lighten the mood.

Suddenly, the t.v. began beeping and the weather man returned to its screen. "Attention! Attention! Here is your first update on this storm: there will be some minor and major flooding in the surrounding areas. Look for higher ground, that is all for now." He said quickly.

"Ryder," his dad said, "grab your pups and we'll head to the lookout tower that I built in town, no flood water can reach it."

The family quickly went to the tower, but Chase stopped on the bridge and listened.

"What's the matter, Chase?" Ryder asked.

"Does anyone else hear puppy noises?" He said, still listening.

"Now that you mention it, I do." Ryder and his dad said at the same time.

"Look!" Marshall said, pointing. "There is a little puppy floating out to sea!"

Ryder's dad wasted no time, hopped into his boat, which was parked near the tower in case of emergency. He scooped the puppy up out of the water and drove back to shore.

"I think he may just be unconscious." Ryder's dad said, since the small puppy wasn't moving.

Then the puppy began coughing and spitting up water. Suddenly, his eyes shot open, he jumped up, looked at the water, then ran as fast as a bullet into the Lookout. When everyone else came in, they found him shoved in a corner-- wet, shaking, cold, and... crying?

"What's the matter little guy? It's ok, we won't hurt you." Ryder asked in the sweetest way he could.

"M-m-my m-m-m-mommy and s-siblings got s-s-swept (sniffle) swept a-away in the g-gross water. (Whimper whimper)" He said, with tears falling down his face and shaking uncontrollably.

Ryder's mother picked the panicked puppy up and held him closely. Then she went inside the tower and started to dry him off. "Don't you worry, little one, I say that every creature in this family is my baby. That means you will be too; and if I need to I'll give you extra special TLC. How does that sound? One more thing, do you have a name sweet-heart?"

"M-my m-m-mommy used t-to c-call me R-r-rocco." He said still crying.

"Well, what a strong name; however, I think I'll change it to 'Rocky' since you're so tough and strong." She said, cuddling the now dry 'Rocky'.

"R-really? I-I'm tough? And st-strong? Th-thank you, ma'am."

"Oh, so polite. But no more of this 'ma'am' nonsense, you could call me 'mommy' if you want, my little fuzzball." She said and kissed him.

"Ok, mommy." Rocky said smiling.