Zuma: Epilogue

The first week with his new family was tough for Zuma. He hadn't eaten anything besides coconuts on his island, literally. This made his very picky; so Ryder's mom came up with an idea.

"Zuma was near the sea, so let's take all the dogs out for fish and see if Zuma will eat it." Both father and son nodded their heads in agreement.

Soon, the family was stuffed in the car and on their way. The pups were in back; all but two. Rocky sat where he was always told to: Ryder's mom's lap. And since they were worried that Zuma might get hurt with the big dogs, he sat in the cupholder between the Mr. and Mrs.

"Why does Wocky sit on Mwrs. Wyder's Mom's lap whenever we wride in the cawr?" Zuma asked Ryder's dad.

"Because, Zuma," the man answered, "the Mrs. says he should. She says she 'doesn't want him getting injured'. Like you."

"Oh." Zuma said. "So, what does that mean?"

"No time to explain, because we're here." He said.

They all got out and walked inside; not to mention, this is a dog friendly restaurant. They were seated and everyone ordered what they wanted, except Ryder's mom helped Rocky and Zuma understand what to do. As soon as the goods arrived, the pups dug in, except Zuma.

He looked at the meal and then at Ryder's mom. "What is this thingy? Do we eat it?"

"Yes, it's called fish, and you eat it." She answered.

Zuma sniffed the fish. "Bleh!" He shouted, and pushed back his plate. "That stuff smells howrible! I don't like fish! Patooey!"

"You won't even try it?" Ryder's dad asked.

"Nun-uh! It is yucky! Yucky! Yucky!" Zuma said, while sticking out his tongue and shaking his head.

"Then, may I ask what you would eat?" Ryder's mom asked.

"Something with coconut!" He said, becoming extremely excited.

This alarmed a few of the others, and even caused Rocky to choke, which the Mrs. quickly helped with.

"Well," Ryder's dad began. "Now we know he won't eat fish."