Zuma

"It sure is sad that Rubble couldn't come with us on vacation because of his puppy flu. Although, Katie will take good care of him." Ryder said.

"Yeah, he s-sure is l-lucky. R-r-ryder, did we h-have to go on a c-c-cruise for v-v-vacation?" Rocky asked from under his owner's deckchair.

"I already told you, you'll be fine, Rocky. Look, June is a great month for sailing." He answered.

"Besides," Marshall chimed in, "at least it's not as bad as flying. Bleh!" He then shivered at the thought of his fear.

"Don't bug him, Marshall. You acted like a puppy when we first met Skye." Chase said, earning a blush from the Dalmatian.

"Now, now, no fighting you two. We're here to have fun, right everybody?" Ryder's mother said, attempting to return peace among the dogs.

"Hey! Do any of you see that surfer out there? He's got some pretty cool moves." The boy's father said to no one in particular. "Ooh, never mind. He just fell off his board."

"Um, Dad, I don't think that's a surfing human; it looks like a surfing dog." Ryder said, studying the small shape as closely as he could.

At that moment, the captain of the ship announced that volunteers were needed to answer an S.O.S. that had been received from a nearby island, so Ryder and his dad decided to do it. Along with Chase and Marshall. Skye and Rocky wanted to stay and "guard" the Mrs.

"Find anything yet, Chase?" Ryder asked him.

"No, Ryder, sir. Nothing yet."

"Ryder, Chase! Over here! Marshall and I found something!" His dad called from behind a bush.

When Chase and Ryder arrived they saw a little tiki hut and a bamboo surfboard near a palm tree grove. Cautiously, they came closer to the small island home, but then Marshall tripped and rolled into the hut's wall.

"So, twryying to bwreak into my home, huh? Not vewrwy fwriendly for stwrangewrs." A small voice said. And out from behind a palm came a small Chocolate Lab puppy.

"Grrrr! Guess I'll have to teach you dudes a lesthon for being hewre. Or somethwing like that." He said.

"Hold on, little guy." Ryder's dad said. "We don't want to hurt you or your home, we were going to rescue you. Didn't you send out an S.O.S.?" He asked.

"Well, yes, I did. Thanks dudes, that's awsome! You know, I kinda have been hewre all my life. Oh, also, the name's Zuma." Zuma said.

"How long have you been here?" Marshall inquired.

"Um... how long ago was the two fouwr Apwril?" Zuma asked.

"The two four April? Oh! You mean the twenty-fourth of April. That was two months ago!" Ryder said.

"Wight(Right)." Zuma said. "My whole life up to now."

"We certainly can't have you staying here alone at only two months; pack up, Zuma, you're coming with us." Ryder's dad said.

"O.K., dudes, you seem all wright." He said with a smile. "I was hoping that someday I'd get a family. By the way, awre thewre coconuts whewre you wlive? 'Cause they'wre my favowrite food." And they all laughed.