12. Our Lives Went By

Dear Sir,

Five years later after I stepped into college, I finally graduated. Many things happened - I gained many friends and lost some, I met new people who will help me carve my path, I went to places I never thought I'd go to, I did a lot of things I never thought I could, I've had my fair share of success and frustrations. Each of them, I wished I could share with you.

I know a lot of things happened to you too, but you could never share them to me. And I wish we had talked about these stuff of our lives. Maybe it could have brought us closer. But well, I don't think you see me as a close friend material. I don't know if it just comes out of your mind when you type it that we'll be friends. But truthfully, I never felt that we are friends.

Maybe that's the reason why we fell out of touch some time during college. You graduated and I was invited at the party but I didn't go. I'm not sure how I'd act in front of you and the friends who knew about how I felt for you.

You got a job while I struggled to review and pass my licensure exam. And finally, life went good for me as I passed the said exam. I also got a job away from home which led me to feel really alone. I wondered if we had stayed in touch, maybe I wouldn't feel as lonely as I had felt. I'd have someone to talk to at the end of each day with same old routine of going to the office and going back to an empty house.

But you weren't there. And sure, I wasn't there for you to know your struggles. Maybe you too needed someone to talk to, to vent out your anger and frustrations. But who knows, maybe you have someone that I didn't know about. While I'm out here, wondering what you're up to. Oh, this one-sided love.

Love,

Rosie.