The light in darkness

The pictures in this chapter are from the internet (except 1)

After a successful day of hunting, Kiara and Fuli return to the lair. Imani comes running out to greet them. She still couldn't talk yet so she rubs her head against each of their legs. Kovu also comes running out from behind a corner. His mane was ruffled, his eyes were red and he looked like he had just ran a marathon.

"Imani! Iman-" Kovu stops talking when he sees a scowl printed on Kiara's face. "Kiara! Honey, I-"

Kiara and Fuli burst out laughing.

"Kovu! You look ridiculous." Laughs Fuli.

"Having a tough time watching Imani?" Asks Kiara through giggles.

Kovu flops on the floor. "I've been trying to get her to bed but she won't until you got back."

Imani giggles and taps Fuli's paw. Fuli leans down so Imani can climb up on her back.

"She's so full of energy. Reminds me of someone I know." Says Fuli smirking at Kiara as Imani climbs on Fuli's head.

"Come here, you little rascal." Says Kiara picking up Imani. "It's time for bed."

Only then did Fuli realise how tired she was. Everyone goes to their sleeping spots and fall asleep.

"Mew. Mew! MEW!"

Fuli raises her head as if there was danger near by but she saw Imani smiling at her. It wasn't even sunrise yet!

"Imani? What are you doing awake this late?" Asks Fuli.

Imani taps her shoulder and climbs on Fuli's back again.

"You wanna play?"

"Mew."

"Well, Imani, it's late so go back to sleep." Whispers Fuli, closing her eyes once more.

Imani sits in front of Fuli with a sad look in her eyes.

Fuli sighs. "Want to hear a lullaby?"

Imani smiles and sits in between Fuli's paws as she starts singing.

Fuli

'How can we rewrite the stars?
And say you were meant to be mine?
And nothing can keep us apart
Cause you are the one I was meant to find
It's up to you
And it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
Why don't we rewrite the stars?
Taking the world to be ours'

Imani had managed to doze off in Fuli's soft paws. Fuli chuckles a little and picks her up. She takes little Imani back to Kiara. Fuli feels a warm breeze fly through her fur. She sees the leaves dance around her and fly outside.

"Mum?"

Fuli follows the leaves outside the lair. Fuli runs after the leaves until she couldn't keep up. Losing hope of talking to her mother, Fuli runs to the place where she first talked to her mother in spirit form.

She made it to the cave that leads to the cliff overlooking the Pridelands. She walks through the vines and sees her mother sitting on the ledge.

"Mum?

Her mother turns around to see her daughter with a smile. "Hello Fuli."

Fuli runs and hugs her mother tightly.

"I missed you so much!" She cries.

"I missed you too, my little Fuli." Her mother replies. "But there's not much time. You must leave."