thirteen

There were two names on the two red envelopes. Taehyung and Meiji.

"Taehyung, why don't you go first?"

Taehyung listened to the kidnapper and grabbed the envelope with his name on it. He opened it and immediately understood what he had to tell the others.

On the paper was one word. Boyfriend.

Taehyung chuckled to himself as he teared the piece of paper into pieces. He didn't imagine that being kidnapped would force him to come out of the closet.

"I'm gay, guys," Taehyung announced. "And Jin was my boyfriend."

"You're gay?" Yoongi asked.

"You were dating my brother?" Meiji asked.

"Yeah, we dated around two months after he came to work with us. So, what, maybe around seven months? We were planning on quitting and running away somewhere together. Seoul was too dangerous. In the end, Jin got killed in Seoul because of the people who made the city dangerous."

"Wait, but—"

"It's Meiji's turn."

Meiji's hand shook as she reached out to grab the envelope with her name on it. As soon as she grabbed it, Jungkook walked away and the doors automatically closed on its own.

Meiji walked to the front of the room where Jungkook previously stood. Her eyes scanned over the piece of paper as if it was a paragraph.

Finally, she showed them the paper with a speechless expression on her face. All of them were immediately confused.

The paper was blank.

Meiji smiled. "You guys trusted me too easily. I'm a stranger. Haven't your parents ever taught you to not trust strangers?"

"You... You're the one who kidnapped us?" Taehyung asked.

Meiji snorted. "Well, sort of. I had some help."

Hoseok weaved his way out of the small crowd to join Meiji at the front. Hoseok smiled and waved to his friends.

"Surprise," he sang.

Jimin let out a whistle. "I have to give you some admiration for that, Hoseok. You may have murdered my sister, but this is just great."

"Jimin didn't help you at all?" Yoongi asked.

Meiji shook her head. "He's just insane on his own. Would have been nice to know though. He could have joined us."

"What's your motive? Why do this?" Taehyung asked.

"You heard Hoseok, right?" Meiji asked. "He loves money. Also, we're engaged."

Hoseok chuckled and rested his head on top of her head. "Meiji's wealthy, but the money was going to go to her older siblings. I murdered Jin, her older brother, to make sure he was out of the way."

"And I pushed my older sister down the stairs to make sure she was out of the way," Meiji finished.

"This whole thing was to make sure you wouldn't get in our way. Most of you were too invested in finding Jin's murderer. We could have just murdered you, caught you off guard, but we thought this was more fun. But seriously, I wish we knew about Jimin's insanity. He would have been a great addition," Hoseok said.

"And what about Jungkook and Namjoon? Are they in on this too?" Taehyung asked.

"Are they dead?" Yoongi asked.

"Namjoon is," Hoseok answered. "But Jungkook is alive. Come out, Jungkook!"

The doors opened again. This time, Jungkook didn't look frightened anymore.

"They needed a little more muscle for this project. Besides, once a Rogue, always a Rogue. Isn't that how the saying goes?" Jungkook asked.

"But if we were all in the room together, then who was talking on the screen?" Yoongi asked.

"They were pre-recorded from the beginning, but once Jungkook was taken away, he took care of it. When I needed to record something new, I'd knock you guys out with sleeping gas through the vents. I had a button on me all along," Meiji said as she lifted up her skirt to reveal a button strapped around her upper thigh. "We did the same when we needed to plant new clues."

"What are you going to do now?" Taehyung asked. "Are you going to kill us?"

"Well, wasn't that our original goal?" Hoseok questioned as he pulled out a gun. He turned the safety off and aimed it at Taehyung. "I've never really liked you.

Bang.

Hoseok aimed it at Yoongi.

Bang.

Hoseok aimed it at Jimin. "Sorry, Jiminie. I bet you would have been fun to be around while killing people."

Jimin smiled. "An eye for eye."

Bang.

this was my planning process lmao

this was my planning process lmao. I didn't really follow it that much, but it helped me write