0.4 | lunatic smile

+jaemin pov

I had left my phone on my desk so that I could go and shower and when I came out and lifted it again I had a heart attack.

I had to go back into the bathroom and splash my face with cold water before going back and checking if what I had seen the first time was true.

It was.

Instagram direct message from j3n00; Umm thanks but I think you've messaged the wrong person jaemin..

Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no...

I clicked the notification and sure enough the message I had intended to send to my best friends was actually sent to Jeno..

I just want the floor to swallow me up. I can't believe I just sent him that!

I began to frantically type back.

+

nanajaemin
I'm really sorry oh my god...

j3n00
It's okay,, I wasn't expecting that kind of reaction ahaha

nanajaemin
Please ignore that I'm really sorry.

j3n00
It's cool, at least it's only me that seen it

nanajaemin
That's the problem,,
Message not sent

nanajaemin
You look amazing though
Message not sent

nanajaemin
Aha yeah
Read 5:52pm

+

I hate myself.

🗻

+jeno pov

I mean he didn't say he wasn't the one to send that so...

Does he like me?

Oh my god what if he likes me...

Shut up Jeno he doesn't.

My mother was giving me dagger glares from across the table.

'Jeno. Phone away. Now.'
'Sorry eomma.' I slid my phone back under my leg and continued eating.

When I finished my food I told my mother what I wanted for desert if the waiter came over when I was at the bathrooms.

She nodded and tutted at me before I grabbed my phone and practically ran to the restroom.

I locked myself in and sent a screenshot of the message to Chenle.

+

chenlele
OH MY GOD JENO

j3n00
I KNOW IM ACTUALLY DYING RIGHT NOW. WERE OUT GOR DINNER AND I CHOKED WHEN I SEEN IT.

j3n00
MY FAMILY THINKS IM CRAZY NOW

chenlele
HE ACTUALLY SENT YOU THAT?!?

chenlele
YOU'RE WELL IN THERE NOW. HE THINKS YOU LOOK LIKE A GOD

chenlele
DON'T FORGET TO INVITE ME TO YOUR WEDDING!!

j3n00
It's a message to the wrong person not a proposal chenle.

chenlele
Still. At least he likes you

j3n00
You don't understand how much I'm smiling right now I look like a lunatic

chenlele
Aren't you out for dinner??

j3n00
Yeah but I locked myself in the bathrooms so I better go before they think I'm constipated or something

chenlele
Well keep me updated if he sends anything else, I'm off to think of your ship name, you go eat dinner.

chenlele
Bye you diseased dog

j3n00
Bye asshole

you both logged off

+

I exit the bathrooms and make my way back to where my family sat looking at me like I had two heads.

'What?' I ask as I sit down again.
'Why are you smiling like that?' My mother asks as she furrows her eyebrows.

'He must have seen a hot guy in the bathrooms.' My brother Hui deadpans as he messes with a napkin.

'Shut up I did not!' I punch him in the arm causing him to wince in pain before hitting me back equally as hard.

'Boys! We're in public! Stop it right now before I march the two of you out of here like you're five.' My mother sounds angry as she whisper shouts at me, trying to draw as little attention to the commotion happening at our table possible.

'Yes eomma.' We chime in unison before looking at each other with cold stares.

I look away and hide my face as our desert arrives. I'm smiling again and I can feel my cheeks becoming red.

My phone buzzes from under my leg. It's Chenle.

Text message from Dolphin boy 🐬; NOMIN. That's your ship name. Aren't I amazing?!?