1.4 | parties and rooftop silence

+jaemin pov

I was, for some reason, standing in a strangers living room surrounded by tipsy boys and the booming sound of Spotify.

I was at a party.

Not just any party. Lee Taeyong's party where there were only fifteen people.

So many people, I know!

I was standing in the corner along with Haechan, who was tipsy and trying to get Mark to look at him by putting a hand under his chin, and Mark, who stared ahead of him ignoring Haechan and taking occasional sips from his drink.

I prayed that Jeno would come and grab my hand and lead me out of there and we'd run away into the night like a scene from a movie.
But that's the thing; those kinds of things only happen in movies.

But I was still hoping.

The house was big. Well, big is an understatement; the house was huge. It had twenty six rooms; sixteen bedrooms, a large lavish living room, a cinema room, a kitchen, six bathrooms and a pantry. Massive, I know.

Taeyong's parents were each CEO's of massive companies here in Korea so they earned loads.

It was odd to me that out of all the rooms in the house, all of us, bar Kun, were crowded in one room together.

Lucas and Jungwoo were flirting in the corner, Kun was in the kitchen, Jaehyun and Taeyong were sitting close beside each other on a seat meant for one person, giggling; presumably they were drunk. Winwin and Yuta were at the table with drinks, Taeil was by the speaker with Doyoung. Mark, Haechan and I were in the corner and Renjun was huddled up in his big yellow hoodie and glasses on the sofa on his phone.

It was rather quiet apart from the muffled chatter from the different groups and the sound of lofi music playing softly.

I tugged at the white collar of my navy polo shirt and took a sip from my drink, non alcoholic of course; I am still a child after all, but a loud bang caused me to choke on my drink.

At first I thought Kun had exploded something in the kitchen but what it's true origin was came crashing through the living room door in the form of Johnny and Ten wrapped around each other with a bottle of champagne sloshing about in Johnny's raised hand.

'The main man has arrived!' He roared as Ten hiccuped under Johnny's arm.

He walked, or rather stumbled, over to the speakers and started scrolling through a phone before clicking on the screen as a song began to play; Creep by Radiohead.

Jeno I wish you were here...

🗻

+jeno pov

'Why are we going to this party again Chenle?' I rubbed my arms in the cold night air as we walked to Taeyong's house.

'Because it's full of cool guys and we were invited now stop complaining!' He beamed.

I looked at Jisung who simply shrugged; Chenle had bribed him with a new phone to go to the party that's the only reason he was going.

He didn't bribe me he just showed up at my house and dragged me out.

I was wearing a simple denim jacket with black and red writing on the front along with a plain white shirt and black jeans. My platinum blonde hair was parted in the middle and messy.

Like I said, Chenle literally dragged me out and I didn't have time to change; only grab a jacket.

We made it to the front door and knocked but no one answered the first, second or third time so, Chenle being Chenle just walked right in.