three

"Chaeyoung's voice is really good." the younger one complimented as rose's voice soothed in from the radio, "and then there goes your voice." 

without any glances, jennie formed a slight smile as she leaned her head on the younger one's shoulder, "Stay stay stay with me." lisa sang silently enough for the other to hear

it was one of their free days and fortunately one of their special days, "So how do you want to spend the 23rd of this month?" lisa asked as she intertwined her fingers with the older one before putting a gentle kiss on the back of her palm 

"Hmm maybe a bit of a road trip then we can go for coffee?" the other suggested that earned a nod from lisa

the younger one started to take the road that's meant for the place she intend to bring jennie at. Oblivious of the other one staring at her, she continued to keep her gaze ahead. For jennie, it was one of those moments that she could simply stare at her lover for how long she wants. 

Not letting lisa's hand go, she stared at the barbie like human being beside her. Jennie always had this vibe that came off too strong for others. It was as if her name's synonymous to the word 'cold', 'snob', 'emotionless', or any other that's in the same context. It wasn't easy for the older one to mingle and keep friendships, perhaps it was the first impression rather than the real attitude that caused complications. 

However, lisa is just different. With her blond curly locks and full bangs, to her porcelain and fair skin, and to her bewildering facial features. Lisa just comes out to sweet for jennie. With the way lisa rubs her hand whenever she felt social anxiety. With the way lisa kisses her forehead as a sign of reassurance. With the way lisa lets her chin rest on jennie's shoulder. With the way lisa wipes jennie's tears followed by a little peek-a-boo.  With the way lisa makes her laugh even with her corniest jokes. With the way lisa's presence makes jennie's heart flutter. Even with the way lisa makes her cry.Everything was just the complete opposite of what she makes other people feel. 

Maybe that's why jennie never really felt of coming off too sweet. Maybe it was because it wasn't intended for her to have all but because it was intended for her to have someone to share it with. Perharps lisa is just what jennie needs, a dash of black with a dash of pink. 

Soon enough the couple reached their destination. It was just one random beach spots along the country road, holding the whitest sands and beautiful sunsets. Lisa went out of the car and opened the trunk followed by jennie who placed out some blankets and pillows. 

Road trip wasn't just them in a car and roaming around the city, it also meant seating in front of a soothing scenery having the both of them laying on the blankets while clinging into each other's arms. The spot was not a usual destination for people, it was one of the few places they both could run to without worrying about others. 

They both laid their backs on the blanket as they inhaled the cold wind and gazed at the orange and pinkish sky.

Comfortable silence invaded them. For moment they just laid still, not until the clingy one wrapped her arm on the older one's waist. 

"Unnie." the older one rolled her eyes with the sudden honorific, the younger one knew though that she hated being called like that, "What?" 

"What if the world doesn't accept us?" the sudden light and calm mood turned into a slightly chaotic one 

jennie shifted her position before answering, "what about it?"

"I mean what if our family and friends doesn't accept what we have? didn't it ever cross your mind that we might need to end up sacrificing each other?"