Chapter 8

My alarm starts to go off, signaling that it is time for me to get up. I turn off my alarm but lay in bed for a couple minutes before deciding to get up. I quickly get dressed and brush my teeth before sitting down on the couch, waiting for Eri and my mom to wake up.

After a couple minutes they wake up and walk out into the living room. "Once we're done eating breakfast we will head out to the school to check it out. After that you can go see if you can get an apprenticeship." My mom says as she gets the ingredients for breakfast.

"Do you want me to help?" I say as I get up from the couch.

"No, it's fine. There's not much you could do to help anyways."

"You sure?" My mom just nods in response. "Okay. Well I'll be researching some more hero associations then." I say as I pull out my my phone and sit back down on the couch.

After twenty minutes my mom says breakfast's ready. I put away my phone and walk over to the table. Breakfast was some pancakes with eggs on the side.

I quickly scarf down the delicious food and then wait for Eri and my mom to finish.

Once they both finish we all head to the door to put on our shoes. We walk out of the door into the cool autumn day.

We walk for a while in silence until we start to see the school in the distance.

"Its definitely smaller than U.A that's for sure." My mom stated when we get to the front gate of the school.

"Yeah, but it's the best hero school in the area so this is the best option." I say as I start to walk forward.

We go into the main office, where a student with black hair was arguing with the front desk lady.

"Are you fucking kidding me?! I leave aced every test!" He angrily yells at her.

"But you have showed up to very few classes. If you want to pass maybe you should try to show up to class." The lady says, trying her hardest to keep her cool.

"It doesn't matter if I show up! If I know it then I should pass!" He angrily shouts back.

"When you graduate and get a real job, just knowing something won't be enough. You will have to be there as well if you want to succeed."

"Bullshit. Once I graduate I will become a hero and will be the one bossing everyone around." He says as he pushes past us.

"I'm so sorry you had to see me deal with him." She apologizes once she sees us. "He is talented but hard headed and refuses to follow rules."

"Don't worry, I know someone like him so this stuff is commonplace for me." I say as I remember a certain sandy haired kid.

"Anyway, I'm here to sign my son up for school." My mom says.

"Sure, just fill out this form and then we will take him to the practice range for the test." She says while handing my mom a paper and pen.

"Um, my son is from U.A, so would he still have to take the exam?"

"Oh, no he won't need to." She says, surprised that someone from U.A is here.

"I'm guessing no one from U.A has transferred here?" I question based on her reaction.

"Yeah. Not many people moved here after that incident. Even fewer students moved here."

"Is there a hero course here? Because if so then I would like to be in that, or the thing most like it."

"There is, but it has a very low capacity and it is already full. But if you are really dead set on it then there is a battle system here, where people can battle as long as both sides agree to the stakes."