Chapter 10

I stretch before quickly contracting from my stomach still being sore from yesterday. Due to the commotion Eri started to wake up.

"Morning Eri." I say as she sleepily runs her eyes.

"Morning." She says as she lays back down and falls asleep.

I chuckle slightly as I get out of bed and go get ready.

After getting ready I walk into the living room to see that my mom has already left and left a note.

"I head out since I got a job offer. I will most likely be gone all day so take care of Eri. I also got a letter from the school that says you will start attending in a few days. Love, mom." So looks like I will have to find someone to take care of Eri while I train. But after that I want to surprise Eri by going to a small local amusement park.

I dial Nejire's number and it ringed a few times before she answered.

"Hey, could you take care of Eri for a bit. It's just until I'm done with my training."

"Sure. Just let me know when you're heading over here."

"Thanks. We will head in ten to fifteen minutes. I just need to wake Eri up and then get her ready. See ya soon."

"Yeah, see ya." She says as I hang up.

I walk into my room and gently wake her up. "Eri, mom's not going to be home today so you get to spend it with me." I say as she starts to stir.

"Huh? I get to spend the day with you? Yay." She says, still tired.

I spend a few minutes getting her fully up and then I get her ready before heading out to my Nejire's place.

"Where are we going?"

"I need to do some training so I am going to drop you off at Nejire's place until I'm done. Is that okay?"

"Yeah. But after that will we go places?"

"Yeah, I have a surprise place we are going to go to after I'm done."

"Really? Yay!" She says as she jumps with excitement.

I smile to myself at her expressing happiness. Although she has yet to show that much happiness from anything other than big stuff.

"Do you want me to give you a piggyback ride?" I say as I drop down to my knees to allow her to get on.

"Sure!" She says as she hopes into my back and I get up before running towards Nejire's house.

We quickly get there and I let Eri down before knocking on her door.

I hear footsteps running to the door before the door flings open to reveal a flustered Nejire.

"Izuku! Could you come on for a second?" She says she pants slightly.

"Sure. He doesn't have a specified time for me to show up." I  say as o step in after Eri.

"Just go into the dining room. I will lead Eri to where she can play. Follow me Eri." She says as she starts to lead Eri upstairs.

I walk into the kitchen wondering what's up before my question is quickly answered. I see her parents sitting at the table, looking very serious.

I quickly take a seat across from them and wait for them to talk.

"We have decided to let you get an apprenticeship with us, on one condition." Her dad says.

"What is that one condition?"

"There have been a string of crimes varying from theft to murder. We believe that all of these are connected because they all have the same type of victim. High school girls. We have called off your training for the day because we want you to investigate these and put an end to them. We will send Nejire out with you and we would like you to return her to us at the end of the day in one piece. Nejire has all of the leads and evidence. That is all." Her dad says as he gets up and leaves the room with his wife following close behind.