Chapter 4: Magnolia

One week had flown by faster than Gray stripping. Y/N was getting ready to leave the house with Mercy, toward Magnolia. Y/N was feeling nervous for some reason while she packed the needed necessities into her bag. Mercy was the one taking a step forward in being free from her trust issues and fear. Y/N looked at Mercy to see her pacing on the ground in a nervous wreck. Y/N smiled sweetly before she scooped Mercy up and told her. "Don't worry, Mercy. You've met them before."
Mercy nodded swiftly while she played with her paws. "I-I know, but it's been a week and um..."
"You'll be fine." Y/N smiled bigger at Mercy and assured her before setting her down. "Now let me grab the rest of our stuff then we can fly to..."
"I already got train tickets."
"..." Y/N went silent before asking, staring at Mercy confused. "What?"
"I got train tickets." Mercy waved them in the air, showing Y/N.
"...how...?"
Mercy looked at the ground and shifted on her feet. "Well... while you were asleep this morning I went and got train tickets."
"You managed to get train tickets... by yourself?"
Mercy began to explain at a quick rate. "Besides the person having to get a translator because she didn't understand the language I was speaking and the fact that she was a bit terrified since I had some weapons on me, yeah I managed. I was also stuttering pretty bad."
"Wait, what weapons?!" Y/N asked in shock.
"Kitchen knives."
"You're not allowed to touch the kitchen utensils anymore." Y/N told Mercy with narrowed eyes before the girls headed out of the house. They walked through the forest while Y/N scolded Mercy for leaving by herself and bringing knives to get tickets. Y/N was happy that Mercy could do something on her own like that, however it was the way she did it that got Mercy scolded. When the arrived at the station, smoke from the train filled Y/N's nose, indicating their train was there. When they boarded, Mercy was sitting on Y/N's lap while Y/N stared out the window before...
"Ew!" Mercy yelled as she went on the other seat while Y/N was throwing up in a paper bag. "Y/N, that's nasty!"
Y/N gave Mercy a look before stating sickly. "Shut up *gag* I can't help my sick— *gag*" Y/N stuck her head back in the bag and threw up again, making Mercy gag. After a few hours of riding the train, Mercy got off the train with Y/N wobbling behind her. However, the moment they got off, Mercy quickly hid behind Y/N when a blonde haired girl with a red haired woman went walking by. Y/N stared when she noticed the emblem on the blonde's right hand and on the red haired woman's left shoulder. They're with Fairy Tail... Y/N thought as she watched them disappear into town. They must've gotten off one of the train carts. Suddenly Y/N gagged again making Mercy back away from her, wanting to avoid the smell of throw up. However, Mercy bumped into someone and hid herself in front of Y/N this time. "Hey watch where you're going, cat." Y/N turned to see a man with blonde hair with a scar in the shape of a lightning bolt.
"Sorry about that, sir." Y/N apologized as she turned to look at him, with Mercy in her arms. He just scoffed and walked passed them. Y/N glared at him as she whispered to Mercy. "What's his problem?"
Mercy mumbled with her voice trembling as she hid her face. "H-He's s-s-scary..."
"It's okay, Mercy. Hopefully, we don't have to see that grouch again." Y/N smiled at Mercy assuringly before telling her. "Come on, let's find Levy."
"O-Okay..." Mercy nodded slowly while Y/N walked, carrying Mercy in her arms.

~~~~~~

In the guild hall, Gajeel was munching on some iron with Lily eating some kiwis while Levy read a book at their table. Natsu sat at one of the other tables eating food like it was his last meal and he hadn't eaten in months while Lucy sat across from him while telling him to slow down. Erza was eating her delicious strawberry cake in peace while Gray talked to Cana. The guild had gone on without any fights so far, surprising most of the members. Gajeel and Lily began to talk about their next training session and job while they ate. The boys soon noticed Levy's quietness and turned to her. Levy seemed distracted about something, too distracted to focus on her book. Gajeel and Lily looked at each other before back at Levy. Gajeel swallowed the iron he had in his mouth before finally asking. "Hey, Shrimp, somethin wrong?"
Levy admitted as she put the book down and tried to think. "I feel like I forgot about something I was supposed to do today."
Gajeel shrugged it off, acting like he didn't care. "Hm, that sucks."
The three of them then heard Evergreen yell with a bit of sass. "What nerve?!"
The three looked back at them with furrowed eyebrows. The Thunder Legion were surrounding Laxus who was sitting down on a chair as Freed stated bitterly. "Agreed. Whoever picks a fight with Laxus picks a fight with the Thunder Legion!"
"Would you two knock it off?" Laxus gave them both a look of annoyance. "It was an accident. The cat wasn't trying to bump into me. Once she bumped into me she fled and hid behind some H/C haired woman like she was terrified. She also looked as if she got in a fight and lost her eye. She was wearing an eye bandage, not to mention those scars she had on that small body of hers."
"H/C haired woman... frightened cat with an eye bandage...." Levy mumbled recalling those things. She then gasped loudly as she stood up. "That's it! That's what I forgot! Y/N and Mercy! The small group!" Levy then grabbed Gajeel and Lily and dragged them out of the guild while everyone watched them confused. "We're going to be late!!"
Natsu questioned as he stopped stuffing his face and turned back toward them. "What's up with them?"
Lucy smiled as she looked out the doors with her head leaning on hand. "Levy-Chan told me her, Gajeel, and Lily were going to hang out with someone they had just met. She told me they might join the guild."
"For real?!" Natsu exclaimed before raising his fist near his face and shouted. "Hey, no fair! I wanna meet them too!" Natsu stated, jumping out of his seat, running out with Happy at his side who responded. "Aye!"
"No!" Lucy stopped them both by grabbing Natsu's scarf and Happy's tail, making Natsu fall on his back. "Levy told me one of them is easily frightened! If you two go you'll scare her away!"
Natsu asked with disbelief in his voice. "What?! How would we scare her away?!" 
"Probably with obnoxious face of yours." Gray mumbled as he walked over to them.
Natsu asked glaring at Gray as Natsu got into Gray's face. "Are those fighting words, ice prick?!"
"I'll take you on anytime, flame brain!" Grey stood up and got into Natsu's face as well.
"Enough!" Erza shouted as she finished off her cake.
"A-Aye!" The two boys responded before Natsu ran out of the guild while following Gajeel's scent and yelled. "I'll tell you guys what they're like when I get back!"
"Aye!" Happy agreed.
"Natsu!" Lucy ran out of the guild after him along with Erza and Gray. "You can't!" However, Natsu was already out of view. "Oh, why did I tell him?" Lucy asked herself as she continued to run.