Chapter I.

5 years later...

"I swear if you ate the last of the Dunkaroos there will be hell to pay.", Jelani called out closing the door behind her which led to our most recent hideout. She wiped away the sweat from her forehead with the back of her hand and started digging through the cabinets.

She would do just about anything for her beloved Dunkaroos.

Whenever she came back from her training routine she liked to eat us out of house and home. I added onto the trainings that Daddy taught me when I was younger, and made them more rigorous by adding my own style to it. I like to change up the workouts every so often so we could really push ourselves physically and not get used to the trainings. We practiced in both human and wolf form to be ready for anything or anyone.

We're currently located somewhere on the outskirts of a forest in France. It wasn't too close to people that they could observe our daily life and not too far away that it would draw attention to two girls living alone.

"I only ate one of them, there are two more left so quit your whining. If you're that worried about it, I'll get some more when I head down to the marketplace." I replied as I lazily draped my feet over the coffee table and leaned back into the couch. I pushed the laptop I had been researching on away from me and rubbed my eyes which were tired from staring at the screen so long.

We've been at this location for nearly six months now and it's time we started looking for the next place to live. It was a quaint, little place but we never grew too attached to any place we lived at, knowing that we needed to be ready to leave at a moment's notice if it ever came down to that.

 I want to go back to Dubai and Jelani wants to go to Ghana, but it will most likely be Greece where we end up next.  I like to do extensive research on the area we live at because it's critical that no one finds out that we survived the mass murder of our pack.

Over the last few years we've visited every country twice except for Antarctica because that would be like hell on our wolf forms. 

"I would never live in a place that cold you must be crazy." My wolf Tiana says. Ignoring her I rolled my eyes and headed over to the fridge to see what I need to pick up when I go down to the farmer's market.

"Zucchini, Onions, Carrots" I absentmindedly make a list in my head while twisting the necklace mom gave to me. 

"JJ, Do you want anything from the farmer's market?"

We never go out in public at the same time and if we must then we are never seen at the same place together. Daddy was smart and left us all new identities so if we had to use a credit or anything that could leave a trail it wouldn't be traced back to us.

Even with all the safety preparations things, like hotels are out of the question. We make sure there is limited surveillance where we live so we can study it and avoid it. If we live somewhere high-tech we make sure to move at high traffic hours, so we blend in with the crowd. Then we find somewhere that has been abandoned and make home there. 

If I were being completely honest It's hard living your life as a ghost. I don't think that I could have done it throughout the years  without my sister who has grown into a beautiful, intelligent young lady. She has Dad's eyes and Mom's smile and freckles splattering across her nose.

She is the light of my life and always reminds to smile or laugh at least once a day. I can put my guard down around her, where the rest of the world sees a tough girl to Jelani I get to just be her big sister. I love watching her come into her womanhood; she has developed immeasurable strength against what the world has put her through and still finds a way to be a positive influence.