Chapter XI.

Calia P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of someone rapidly knocking at the door. Rolling my eyes I got out of bed and walked over to the dresser in search of a pair of bottoms to put on.

"Just a second." I called out to whoever was banging on my door this early in the morning. Do these people ever stop being so persistent? I opened the door and barely had a chance to step back before I was being trampled over by another she-wolf. The doctor who was at the hospital came in shortly after her.

"We've got so much shopping to do. Adrion said that we could use the black card. What are you still sleeping in bed for? You don't know how excited I am to know that you're better" She rushed over to the curtains and revealed a beautiful sunset before settling into a chair.

I stared at her incredulously, wondering how anyone could have this much energy at such an early hour. She must've been crazy or on drugs perhaps, it was a combination of both. I looked her over and noticed she also had gorgeous deep brown skin and her hair had purple streaks in it at the bottom, she had to be related to Adrion somehow. I didn't detect any danger from her she just seemed to be high spirited.

"I'm sorry but I don't know who you are and I don't really want to. It's far too early for guests so I'd have to ask you to leave now." I held the door open but she only stared at me like I was the crazy one.

"Look, I'm not leaving until we're done shopping, I know all the best places in town and it took me a while but I finally convinced Adrion to let us use the black amex. Let me tell you girl, after what happened the last time he may or may not have revoked my privileges. If you want to get the best deals you need to have an early start." She replied and didn't budge from her seat.

"There's no chance in hell that I'm going shopping this early in the morning. Plus anything from Alpha Adrion I'll have to politely decline." walking back over to the bed I sat on the edge facing the doctor.

" Oh no, you are going and don't worry someone will stay here with your sister. She'll be provided the best care and have a guard over her door the entire time we're gone. I have jeans you can change into in the car or you can put a belt around your waist and make this look into a cute shirt-dress. I'm only here for the doctor to give you her verbal approval which was one of the conditions I had to agree to." She lounged back into her seat and started to play with the ends of her hair.

"Mmh Mmh, sorry for the interruption so early in the morning Luna but Alaina insisted you all had something urgent to attend to. Had I known it was only shopping I would've come a little later. I figured since I was here I would like to give you a once over but all of your test results have come back normal and you look much better." she gave a side-eye to Alaina who obviously lied to get her here but remained collected.

I tried not to wince over the fact that she called me Luna but seeing as I couldn't tell anyone my real name this would have to do. I thought it over and decided that fighting her would make no sense so I'd go shopping with her to scope out the land. It seemed my only way off of this pack's territory and I had to take every chance I could get.

"What are the updates on my sister? Why hasn't she shown the signs of progress that I've had?" I held Jelani's hand in my making small circles on the back of it.

"Ah, yes your sister's wolf seems to still be injured which is slowing down the healing process but I'm going to administer some drugs that should help her wolf heal faster. With some luck she should be awake this evening." She smiled politely and placed a hand on her back.

"If you don't mind I would like to do a quick physical on you and then you'll have my permission to go with Ms. Alaina. Alaina you can wait for us outside." She took a stethoscope from her pocket and placed it over my heart without sparing Alaina another look. I heard Alaina shuffling over to the door muttering something along the lines of 'this better not take long'.